- "Locked and Loaded!"
- —Zook's official catchphrase in game
- —Zook's official catchphrase on box
Zook (ズゥーク in Japanese) is a Bambazooker who is one of the playable Skylanders in the Skylanders series. He first appeared in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. He also has an American independence counterpart who is available in the Lost Islands on July 2013.
Zook is a resourceful, peace-loving Bambazooker but prefers to be secretive.
Zook hails from a strange and unusual species called Bambazookers, who once lived their entire lives standing in place... until Zook discovered they could walk simply by stepping out of the mud. After that, he became a wandering hero, seeking peace, tranquility and interesting things to blow up with his hand-carved bamboo tube. Campfire songs were even written about him, although Zook would have preferred some nice haiku poetry if given a choice. Now, Zook spends his time as a Skylander, figuring he can be an even bigger hero and have even more songs written about him.
Zook is something of a folk hero among the Banbaooker forest folk. After centuries of standing still, Zook decided not to be a stick in the mud anymore. He simply lifted his leg and stepped forward. He then wandered the woods spreading the word - Bambazookers can move! But nobody took much notice. The first time an outsider saw a bambazooker was when Zook saved an elven mapping expedition. The elves were watching Zook and placing bets on the purpose of his bamboo tube (some said it was a telescope, while others maintained it was a didgeridoo). The elves were caught unawares when a mighty mountain troll stomped menacingly towards them.
Suddenly, Zook brought all betting to a close when he lifted the great tube to his shoulder. Out shot a shower of exploding thorns that sent the troll into a speedy retreat. 'Ahhhh, a bazooka!' the elves exclaimed. To this day, no other bambazooker has ever taken a single step. So, as the only mobile Bambazooker in history, Zook has a special place in the Skylanders squad.
Zook can summon a wall made of foliage to protect himself. In addition, he uses his multi-purpose bamboo tube for pretty much everything, including a telescope and a didgeridoo... and of course, a bazooka, which fires special explosive thorns grown in a secret bramble patch known only to his people.
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 80
- Agility: 20
- Defense: 85
- Luck: 85
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Bazooka Attack||Foliage Barrier||MIRV Mortar|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Hardwood Shells||Fungal Bloom||Mortar Bomb||Full Splinter Jacket|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Bazooka attacks.
|High Velocity Shrapnel||Old Growth Bazooka||Exploding Shrapnel|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Barrier and Cactus abilities.
|Cactus Barrier||Mortar of Life||Fightin' Foliage|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Bamboom (Primary Attack): Fire a Bamboo Bazooka shot that explodes on impact.
- Mortarget (Secondary Attack): Launch a mortar shell into the air. The falling shrapnel will target nearby enemies.
- Sprout Sprint (requires level: 2): Sprint to make bamboo shots sprout behind him.Enemies hit by bamboo will be damaged and slowed.The bamboo also block enemies shots.
- Bamboost (requires level: 5): Hold (y) and then release to fire a charged bazooka shot that does more damage and leaves a hazaradous gas cloud when it explodes.
- Bambounce (requires level: 8): Double jump fires a bazooka shot downward.Enemies hit by this attack become damaged and stunned.If Zook uses this attack to quickly, it will be less powerful for a few seconds.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Slow enemies in range for a while.
Launch a projectile that acts like a boomerang.
Slow enemies in range for a while.
- "Let's lower da boom, BIG TIME!"
- "Time for da boom!"
- "Bring in da boom!"
- "Let's do this!"
- "Zook it up!"
- "Look out, the Zook's out!"
- "Hey, how you like that?"
- "Locked and loaded!"
- "Beat them bad!"
- "Heh heh, yeah!"
- " I be winnin' da fight!"
- Ha! Ha! Better luck next time to you!"
- "Comin' through!" - When opening a gate
- "Super Spring!" - When using a bounce pad
- "Feel the power!" - When checking Stats Info
- "Ya makin' me strong!" - When checking Stats Info
- "Look incredible!" - When putting on a hat
- "Dats my kinda hat!" - When putting on a hat
- "Hey, I like it!" - When given a nickname
- Great job on the name!" When given a nickname
- "Let's go, Skylanders!"
- His species' name is a combination of bamboo and bazooker.
- In the Skylanders commercial 'Blow it Up!', Zook speaks with an Australian accent, while in the games, he speaks with a Jamaican accent.
- One of his upgrade names (Full Splinter Jacket) is a play on the war movie Full Metal Jacket.
- In the boss battle with the Evil Missile Minion; his shrapnels last longer than those of the real Zook's and do more damage, but are slower; his missiles also have a slower rate of fire.
- Some fans dislike Zook for his "unusual" character design.
- In his Series 2 figure, he has his Bazooka upgraded to the Old Growth Bazooka upgrade on the Artilleryman upgrade path.
- He and Trigger Happy are the only Skylanders from Spyro's Adventure with three fingers on each of their hands.
- Zook is the only Life Skylander in Spyro's Adventure whose soul gem does not involve healing.
- On his packaging, his catchphrase is 'Bamboo-yah!'.
- ↑ Skylanders Sticker Book: Meet the Skylanders
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex