|Species:||Magically Enhanced Grub Worm|
|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure|
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
|Attacks/Actions:|| Tongue Whap |
|English Voice Actor:||Unknown|
- —Wrecking Ball's official catchphrase
Wrecking Ball was once a tiny grub worm about to become the main ingredient in an old wizard’s cauldron of magic stew. But when he was dropped in, the wizard was shocked to see the little grub devour all of the soup and emerge from the cauldron 20 times larger and with a long, sticky tongue. The poor old wizard was even more surprised seconds later, when Wrecking Ball proceeded to swallow him whole. Eventually he ran, quite literally, into the powerful Portal Master Eon, who was intrigued by how he came to be and impressed with his unique abilities.
Having consumed an entire cauldron of magic stew, its effects not only made Wrecking Ball grow 20 times his normal size and enhanced him with magical energy, but also gave him a long, sticky tongue which he uses to lash at his enemies. He can also curl into a ball and steamroll into his enemies using the magical energy he uses as a forcefield. Wrecking Ball can also let loose out a burp of gas from his mouth to blow enemies away, and can also devour his enemies to regain health if he has gained his Soul Gem ability.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 270 (max. 540)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 20 (max. 70)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 35
- Agility: 50
- Defense: 90
- Luck: 60
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
| Wow Pow Power|
|Tongue Whap||Forcefield Ball||Enemy Slurp||wowpowname|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Magic Ball Control||Power Belch||Tongue Evolution||Digestive Detonation|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Tongue attack.
|Lightning Tongue||Tongue Grabber||Tongue Supermax|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Forcefield attack.
|Forcefield Blast||Swath of Terror||It's Gotta Go Somewhere|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Slurp! (Primary Attack): Lash at enemies with your tongue.
- Burp! (Secondary Attack): Let loose a burp, and enemies hit by the burp gas will take damage from the gas for a few seconds.
- Clump! (requires level: 2): Roll into enemies to zap them using your forcefield.
- Gulp! (requires level: 5): Hold to make Wrecking Ball slingshot forward with his tongue, damaging enemies he hits.
- BURRRP! (requires level: 8): Hold (x) to charge up a massive burp,then release to launch Wrecking Ball into the air while blasting enemies around him.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Create a vortex that pulls enemies in.
Launch a projectile that creates a magic area that disintegrates blocks.
Create a vortex that pulls enemies in and inflicts damage.
- "Not good!" - from The Beginning Trailer
- "Say what?" - from the Skylanders: Giants debut trailer.
- Wrecking Ball has a few similarities with the Nintendo character, Kirby. Both are cute, squishy and can devour their enemies.
- Wrecking Ball also shares his tongue trait with another Nintendo character, Yoshi.
- Wrecking Ball resembles the Protopets from Ratchet and Clank 2.
- Although Wrecking Ball's species is said to be a grub worm, he looks neither like a grub nor like a worm.
- Wrecking Ball's name, design and abilities may be a reference to the video game Iggy's Reckin' Balls.
- Wrecking Ball only talks normally in the trailers. Ironically, his voice depicted in said trailers are somewhat deeper than that in-game.
- His prototype toy shows that he was originally intended to be an Air Skylander. This early idea was scrapped, and Wrecking Ball was moved from the Air element to Magic.
- His powers seem to be a mash up of two Ben 10 aliens, Upchuck and Cannonbolt. He has Upchuck's long tounge and ability to burp deadly burps, and Cannonbolt's ability to roll.
- There is a glitch that if you go with Wrecking Ball's Forcefield Ball Path, you can go through gates in Kaos' Lair.
- There is a glitch (known in the PS3, possibly in others) where, by disengaging his forcefield ball at the right time, you can go through the stairs in the Ruins.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
- Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash - Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo - Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex - Pop Fizz (Punch) - Jet-Vac (Legendary) - Shroomboom - Chill (Legendary) -
Flashwing (Jade) - Sprocket - Fright Rider - Hot Dog (Molten)
Roller Brawl - Countdown