|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
Skylanders: Swap Force
|Cameos:||Skylanders: Spyro versus The Mega Monsters|
|Attacks/Actions:|| Spin Attack |
|English Voice Actor:||Fred Tatasciore|
|First Release:||Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure|
- "For the Wind!"
- —Warnado's official catchphrase
Warnado was hatched in the fury of a rare and powerful Enchanted Twister. Although initially frightened and quite dizzy, over the passing years he grew to enjoy his whirling surroundings and learned many abilities and secrets of the Air Element. This led to Warnado becoming a powerful force and the only known turtle of his kind. Now, the only time he gets dizzy is when standing still.
Warnado was supposed to be born a simple turtle and lead a humdrum life in a Skylands swamp. But in an exciting turn, while still a tiny, unassuming egg, he was plucked from his nest by an enchanted twister and sucked into the sky. Upon hatching, he found himself being hurled around the spinning centre of the twister with no apparent way out. After a while, Warnado became quite accustomed to his twirly, whirly surroundings. Being enchanted, the twister taught him Elemental secrets and magical wind tricks. By the time he hit adulthood, Warnado was as skilled as a senior Skylands sorcerer.
And it was around this time that the next exceptional event took place: a storm of dark magic collided with the twister, knocking Warnado out onto solid ground for the first time in his life. But, to a turtle, who had spent his life inside a twister, solid ground didn't feel all that solid. In fact, it made Warnado a little seasick (or perhaps landsick). He found that the only way to avoid dizziness was to avoid standing still altogether - so he carried on spinning. As he twisted and turned across the Skylands terrain, Warnado was spotted by a creature in kind - Whirlwind. Whirlwind presented Warnado to Master Eon, who managed to convince the turtle to sit still for just long enough to make him his latest Skylander.
Skylanders: Spyro versus the Mega Monsters
Warnado made a cameo as one of the Skylanders called by Master Eon to help restore the walls of the Eternal Archives after they were damaged by Kaos during his attempt to steal the Book of Power.
Having learned the ways of the Air element, Warnado has the ability to spin around in a whirling motion, knocking enemies away with his spiky shell. He can also summon tornadoes at a high velocity to help him fight off nearby opponents, and he can spin himself into a gray tornado to tear his way through enemies.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 310 (max. 620)
- Speed: 35 (max. 83)
- Armor: 30 (max. 100)
- Critical Hit: 10 (max. 60)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 50
- Agility: 70
- Defense: 90
- Luck: 45
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
| Wow Pow Power|
|Spin Attack||Summon Tornado||Thick Shelled||None|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Sharp Shell||Extended Tornado||High Winds||Whirlwind Flight|
Eye of the Storm
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Spin attack and flying powers.
|Low Friction Shell||Flying Mini Turtles||Turtle Slam|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Tornado attacks.
|Guided Twister||Summon Cyclone||Wind Elemental|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Spinblast (Primary Attack): Attack with shell spins and a shell slam. Hold (y) during a shell spin to keep spinning.
- Vortex (Secondary Attack): Summon a tornado. The tornado will move forward and pull in nearby enemies, slowing them down.
- Windburst (requires level: 3): Hold (y) to sustain Warnado's Shell spin. Spin attacks Will deal more damage and last longer. Sprint to damage nearby enemies.
- Windbringer (requires level: 6): Sprint through a summoned tornado to make it explode damaging nearby enemies and increasing Warnado's attack speed, movement speed and sprint attack damage for a few seconds.
- Windmaster (requires level: 9): Pres (x) twice to summon two tornados.Tornados also explode before they vanish damaging and stunning nearby enemies.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Create a tornado that makes enemy projectiles spin and hurt other enemies.
Launch a projectile that makes the projectile move upwards instead of falling down.
Create a tornado that stuns and pushes away enemies in range.
- "For the Wind!"
- "Spin for the win!"
- "Too easy!"
- "Got it done!"
- "Round we go!"
- "Maybe next time!"
- "Bam!" - When opening a gate
- "It's on now!" - When opening a gate
- "Winding it up!" - When checking Stats Info
- "Shake it up!" - When checking Stats Info
- "Up and up!" - When using a bounce pad
- "Sky turtle!" - When using a bounce pad
- "The path of Warnado!" - when opening an Air elemental gate
- "This goes well with my shell!" - When given a hat
- "Looking good!" - When given a hat
- "Whatever you say" - When given a nickname
- "Alright then." - When given a nickname
- It is possible that Warnado is based on the Daikaiju monster, Gamera. Aside from minor visual similarities, Gamera is also a turtle that has the ability fly by spinning at great speeds. Gamera does not possess any other air abilities though.
- Unlike other turtles in the Spyro series or any other traditional turtles, Warnado appears to be dragon-like in appearance. He is quite possibly a creature that is closely related to both turtles and dragons.
- His catchphrase is likely a play on the popular internet phrase "For the win".
- His name combines the words "war" and "tornado".
- Warnado slightly resembles the Pokémon, Wartortle.
- Warnado also shares similarities with the Ben 10: Ultimate Alien character Terraspin: both of which being turtles with the ability to spin at high speeds, create tornadoes and have power over the wind element.
- He is the first turtle character to be playable in the Spyro series.
- Warnado has the Air elemental symbol on his forehead.
- Warnado is one of two Skylanders who can fly without the use of wings or jetpacks, the other being Double Trouble.
- He also bears a slight resemblance to Bowser from the Mario franchise.
- He and Dino-Rang are the only reptilian Skylanders that aren't dragons.
- He was originally blue and gold in his prototype toy.
- Although in his figure and promo picture his shell is turquoise, it appears silver in-game.
- His figure shows he is on a tornado, although in his CGI figure he isn't.
- He and Jet-Vac are the only Skylanders with upgrade paths based (mostly) on their flying powers.
- With the Wind Elemental upgrade, his tornadoes are black versions of Windbag Djinnis.
- Warnado, Wrecking Ball, Sonic Boom and Hot Dog are the only four quadruped Skylanders who are not dragons.
- ↑ Skylanders Official Sticker Book, page 88
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
- Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash - Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo - Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex - Pop Fizz (Punch) - Jet-Vac (Legendary) - Shroomboom - Chill (Legendary) -
Flashwing (Jade) - Sprocket - Fright Rider - Hot Dog (Molten)
Roller Brawl - Countdown