|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
Skylanders: Swap Force
|Attacks/Actions:|| Axe Reaver |
|English Voice Actor:|| Freddie Winston (uncredited, 2011) |
André Sogliuzzo (2012)
|First Release:||Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure|
- "Axe First, Questions Later!"
- —Voodood's official catchphrase
Voodood was known as a highly decorated soldier of his people, commanding a well-known team of dangerous warriors. When not fighting evil, he is constantly searching for new and exotic bones to expand his collection. Voodood also insists that he has a heart of gold, despite knowing about the Orcs' bad reputation.
Voodood was a brave warrior among his people. During his rite of passage as a young orc, he entered the Cave of Trials to prove his worth. It was there he found much more than expected. Lured by a brilliant light, Voodood discovered the skeleton of an enormous dragon with an ornate axe buried where the heart would have been. The village was astonished when he exited the cave holding the legendary Axe Reaver and wearing the dragon skull on his head. Voodood quickly became warrior leader and defended his homeland from many beasts and invaders... until he was the last of his tribe. Soon after, he joined the Skylanders.
The Ooga Orcs once had a reputation for being the fiercest fighting force around. Any Orcs who fancied signing up had to first retrieve a pebble from deep within the trouser-wettingly terrifying Cave of Trials. One such wannabe was Voodood. Down he went, into the dark dirty depths. Suddenly, a beam of light appeared ahead, Voodood stumbled forward into a chamber containing the skeleton of a dragon. In place of the dragon's heart lay a gleaming gem with an axe sticking out.
Voodood stepped from the cave with something far better than a pebble; he had the magical Axe Reaver, along with the skull of the slain dragon (which he would later adapt into an outlandish hat). The Ooga folk made Voodood their leader at once, and he became a great Orc hero. But even the Ooga could not defeat the dreadful Darkness. The whole tribe marched to meet this new threat, but only Voodood returned alive. So, as you might have guessed, he joined the Skylanders.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Like all of the other Skylanders, Voodood was banished from Skylands to Earth. He has had many adventures, and his time frozen as a statue was a time of reflection. He lost many fellow tribe members when they first confronted the Darkness. Although this made his emotionally stronger, he will never forget his greatest friends or the evil Portal Master who banished them.
Voodood attacks his enemies using his staff, the legendary Axe Reaver, which streams with magical energy. He can also use the grappling hook, which grants him tremendous agility in combat, to latch onto his opponents, electrocuting them while he pulls himself towards their position to finish them off.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 290 (max. 580)
- Speed: 35 (max. 83)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 30 (max. 80)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 75
- Agility: 60
- Defense: 50
- Luck: 35
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
| Wow Pow Power|
|Axe Reaver||Zipline Axe||Impervious Tripwire||None|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Magical Tripwire Bomb||Weighted Axe||Tripwire Reserves||Extended Blade|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your magical abilities.
|Roadblack Tripwire||Electric Feedback||Electro Axe|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your skills with the Axe.
|Shaman Style||Legendary Blade||Hyperwire|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Axe Smacks (Primary Attack): Slash at enemies with your axe.
- Electromagnet (Secondary Attack): Shoot an energy beam that pulls Voodood towards enemies.
- Max Axe (requires level: 4): Hold (Y) to draw energy into voodood's axe, then release to strike with an electrically charged swing. continue pressing (Y) for more charged strikes.
- Voodash (requires level: 7): Sprint (A) to charge forward with voodood's axe, damaging enemies he runs into. press (Y) while sprinting to attack with an upward slash.
- Foe Zapper (requires level: 9): Voodood's axe will automatically fire a bolt of electricity at nearby enemies every few seconds.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Create a vortex that pulls enemies in.
Launch a projectile that creates a magic area that disintegrates blocks.
Create a vortex that pulls enemies in and inflicts damage.
- "Axe First, Questions Later!"
- "Voodood strong with spirit!"
- "Voodood great!"
- "Big axe, bigger victory!"
- "Voodood has great strength, axe too!"
- "Axe can handle any challenge!"
- "Whoa!" - When using bounce pad
- "Useful ingredients" - When opening a treasure chest
- "Path revealed!" - When opening a gate
- "Wall can no stop Voodood!" - When opening a gate
- "See Voodood's many gifts!" - When checking Stats Info
- "Stats show great strength!" - When checking Stats Info
- "We look good for ceremony!" - When putting on a hat
- "This hat has special magic!" - When putting on a hat
- "Voodood accept name." - When given a nickname
- "Big name, big responsibility!" - When given a nickname
- Orcs are almost always depicted as evil brutes, so Voodood is one of the few examples of orcs being portrayed as good characters.
- Voodood's face resembles Dr. Seuss' The Grinch.
- He slightly resembles the Green Goblin from Spider Man and Ancient Ogre from the Tekken series.
- Similar to Zap, Voodood's eyes are orange in toy form and trailer shots, but are yellow in-game.
- It is unknown what Voodood's head looks like due to his dragon skull helmet.
- There is a glitch in the Wii version of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure that allows Voodood to walk on the Core of Light when shooting his Zipline Axe at the right time.
- When Voodood talks, he refers to himself as a third person.
- Voodood's CGI toy form has six spikes under the Axe Reaver blades, the figure only has four.
- Voodood was once a undead type, shown in a few prototype figures at Toys for Bobs office, he was changed for unspecified reasons.
- Like Sparx and Camo, Voodood is voiced by Andre Sogliuzzo.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
- Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash - Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo - Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex - Pop Fizz (Punch) - Jet-Vac (Legendary) - Shroomboom - Chill (Legendary) -
Flashwing (Jade) - Sprocket - Fright Rider - Hot Dog (Molten)
Roller Brawl - Countdown