|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
|Cameos:||Skylanders: The Machine of Doom|
|Attacks/Actions:|| Gold Coin Shooters|
Safe Cracker Bomb
Pot O' Gold
Golden Super Charge
|English Voice Actor:||Freddie Winston (uncredited)|
- "No Gold, No Glory!"
- —Trigger Happy's official catchphrase
Trigger Happy is a gremlin gunslinger who is one of the playable Skylanders in the Skylanders series, first appearing in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. He has a Legendary counterpart called Legendary Trigger Happy.
Trigger Happy's solution to every problem is being, well, trigger happy. He is a crazy gunslinger who will take down any evil doer.
Trigger Happy is more than his name -- it's his solution to every problem. Nobody knows from where he came. He just showed up one day in a small village, saving it from a group of terrorizing bandits by blasting gold coins everywhere with his custom-crafted shooters. Similar tales were soon heard from other villages, and his legend quickly grew. Now everyone in all of Skylands knows of the crazy goldslinger that will take down any bad guy... usually without bothering to aim.
|WARNING: This section contains spoilers below! (Skip section)|
Trigger Happy made a cameo as one of the Skylanders who attended Gill Grunt's concert in celebration of their latest victory over the forces of darkness. Flynn's hot air balloon soon crashlanded in Eon's garden, as the Skylanders, Trigger Happy included, ran out of harm's way.
|Spoilers end here.|
Skylanders: Spyro's AdventureTrigger Happy and Spyro were present with their leader, Master Eon, when Kaos and The Darkness approached. When Kaos sent his minions to destroy the Core of Light, Trigger Happy didn't appear in battle with the other Skylanders until he arrived and helped out Stump Smash fight a large number of Kaos' minions when the tree creature was outnumbered, taking out a few enemies with several shots of his dual guns. They both worked together in defeating the horde of enemies, including two Goliath Drows individually.
Just as the Skylanders were winning the battle, Kaos unleashes his Hydra and it successfully destroys the Core of Light. Trigger Happy, along with the other Skylanders, were banished from Skylands and were sent to Earth where they were turned into toys, waiting for the new Portal Master to find them.
After Kaos was defeated, Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy were present at the Ruins with Hugo, Flynn, Cali, and Master Eon as Kaos made idle threats in his temporary prison. The three Skylanders all shared a knowing glance to one another, as Kaos rambled on vowing that he'll keep returning until Skylands was his if he was to be banished to the Outlands again. Instead, Kaos was banished to Earth where he was turned into a toy, and shortly after his departure, Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy celebrated their victory together.
Spyro the DragonTrigger Happy is best friends with Spyro. As a result of being the few of the first modern Skylanders, Trigger Happy and Spyro have been working together a little longer than some of the other Skylanders, forming a bit more of a friendship based on longevity and shared experiences. In addition to their friendship, Spyro calls Trigger Happy by the nickname, 'Trigg' (only in media and commercials).
Other than Spyro, Trigger Happy is also best friends with Gill Grunt. The gremblin has also been working together with the Gill Grunt alongside Spyro since they were some of the first modern Skylanders.
Trigger Happy can fire a barrage of gold coins at his enemies from his dual guns. He can also hurl a pot of gold, fire away at his opponents using a machine gun filled with coins, and release two yellow beams from his guns.
Trigger Happy is a frail, rapid-fire, ranged damage character. His Golden Pistols and Golden Machine Gun allow him to dispense rapid damage at long-range. His gold-hurling abilities provide a medium-range area of effect damage spell to hold enemies at bay. For his upgrade paths, he can chose to improve the power of his pistols or his gold-hurling bombing ability.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 200 (max. 400)
- Speed: 50 (max. 98)
- Armor: 30 (max. 60)
- Critical Hit: 50 (max. 100)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 40
- Agility: 60
- Defense: 20
- Luck: 100
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
| Wow Pow Power|
|Golden Pistols||Lob Golden Safe||Infinite Ammo||wowpowname|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Golden Super Charge||Pot O' Gold||Golden Mega Charge||Golden Machine Gun|
This upgrade path lets Trigger Happy further develop his Golden Gun attacks.
|Happiness Is A Golden Gun||Bouncing Bullets||Golden Yamato Blast|
Golden Money Bangs
This upgrade path lets Trigger Happy further develop his throwing skills.
|Just Throwing Money Away||Coinsplosion||Heads or Tails|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Cha-Ching! (Primary Attack): Repeatedly shoot Trigger Happy's coin guns at enemies.
- Money Mingun (Secondary Attack): Fire Trigger Happy's minigun at enemies. The minigun becomes less accurate the longer it is fired.
- Coin Flip (requires level: 3): Shoot coins at enemies. When they hit enemies, the coins will flip up into the air and damage enemies again when they land.
- Rising Interest (requires level: 6): double jump shoots coins at enemies. the money minigun also maintains its accuracy longer.
- Stored Value (requires level: 9): Hold (y) and release to shoot two stunning coins.Hold (y) longer to shoot a barrage of six coins.Trigger Happy is invulnerable while shooting this barrage.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Make the turret shoot like a machine gun.
Launch a projectile that explodes like a bomb.
Create a time bomb and leave it on the ground.
- "Mine mine mine!"
- "Pow pow pow!"
- "Here comes Trigger Happy! In the face!" - from The Beginning Trailer.
- "He's so hot right now." - (from Eruptor TV Commercial)
- "My name is Trigger Happy! No Gold, No Glory!" from Trigger Happy's TV Spot
- "Here they come!" - from the start of the Boomtime commercial.
- "This is not me at my best." - from The Beginning Trailer.
- "Holy guacamole!" -from the Skylanders: Giants debut trailer.
- "Giants rule!" -from the Giants debut trailer.
- Spee too!" *Silent moment* "...Or you know, I just wait here." - From 'My Turn' TV commercial.
- Trigger Happy's guns bears a slight resemblance to Nerf Mavericks, a toy made by the toy brand of NERF.
- On Skylanders offical Facebook page, under a picture of Trigger Happy, it has been said in the comments that I-Wei Huang was the person that came up with Trigger Happy's design.
- Trigger Happy talks normally only in the commercial advertisements for Skylanders, and speaks with a Russian accent.
- He shares a similar character model to Boom Fiends.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
- Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash - Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo - Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex - Pop Fizz (Punch) - Jet-Vac (Legendary) - Shroomboom - Chill (Legendary) -
Flashwing (Jade) - Sprocket - Fright Rider - Hot Dog (Molten)
Roller Brawl - Countdown