|This article is about the boss. You may be looking for the realm.|
- "Gnasty Gnorc has put one of his most genius henchmen in charge of the Artisan world."
Toasty (ワンダー・パンプキン: Wonder Pumpkin) was an intimidating dark figure and the boss of the Artisans Homeworld. He was found in the Realm of the same name with some Shepherds and guard Dogs that protected him. Toasty appeared to be a scythe-wielding, pumpkin-headed giant scarecrow, but was ultimately revealed to be nothing more than a grey Sheep on stilts. He only appeared in Spyro the Dragon.
After Gnasty Gnorc froze the dragons in crystal, he put one of his most cunning, and intelligent minion to be in charge of the Artisans realm, Toasty. Toasty lived in his castle domain, where he was protected by sleeping guard dogs. Spyro eventually came to his domain, fought Toasty, and his guard dogs, and defeated Toasty, not before realizing that Toasty was just a simple Sheep.
In Toasty's first two health his outfit consists of a big, red coat, a big red hat, an orange Jack-o-lantern for his head, a carrot on for his nose, straw hands, a scythe to attack Spyro with, and wooden feet with straw toes. In his last health he is merely an angry sheep standing on stilts.
To defeat this boss, Spyro must first defeat his Dogs (they took two hits; one to char them, and a second to finish them off), then flame him. He took three hits. Once he was defeated, Toasty released several Gems.
Toasty only attacked when his dogs were gone. If they were still alive, he simply ran around the chamber in his attempt to get away from you if you got too close (he was much faster in the third round). For an easier time against the shifty sheep, leave his dogs alone and chase him to get close enough to flame him; the doors to the next rooms opened whether his dogs were alive or not. Though, to get 100% in the game, the dogs needed to be defeated in order to retrieve their Gems.
- When you were in the room with the 2 grey Dogs, flame them once. After that, they jumped above you, jump between them and you would be launched in the air (you must not have Sparx following you).
- If you ran back over the line where the door sank into the ground while a Dog was preparing to jump but before it did jump, the dog jumped so high that it hit the top of the level and disappeared.
- Coincidentally, the Protesting Sheep from the early Spyro commercials was nicknamed "Toasty" by the commercial directors. Fans believed that this might have been a direct reference to the Toasty! pun from Mortal Kombat.
- If one listened carefully after Toasty's true form was revealed, you could hear a cow bell jingling whenever Toasty moved his head while in idle, which revealed that Toasty wore a bell around his neck.
- It could be seen as ironic that Toasty, a sheep, was the one who controlled the Shepherds, whose job it is naturally to control the sheep.
- It was also possible (yet rare) for the sheep to peer through Toasty's cloak, though obviously that must happen within the first two areas to see that and also that happened when you stood still for a long period of time.
- Ironically, Toasty's name was what happened after you defeated him by flaming him.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|