Sunny Beach (カメカメビーチKame Kame Beach in Japanese) is a Realm in Summer Forest inhabited by turtles that has so far only appeared in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!. Enemies called Water Workers are trying to box up the newborn baby turtles and ship them to an unknown location.
The scene opens showing the Water Workers shipping boxes that are filled with baby turtles up into a huge pipe, taking them to an unknown location. One of the boxes falls off and breaks (due to an accident involving one of the workers getting zapped in the rear by an electrical stick), knocking out a worker and freeing the turtles. A second worker using an electrical stick, chases after one of the turtles, and they go off-screen for a second. The worker is then seen running away from the turtle, as the stick is now in the turtle's mouth.
Spyro's job at the Sunny Beach is to guide the baby turtles through the level. All you have to do is make sure the doors are opened; the babies go on their own. The trick for this level is to flame or charge the large brown turtles so they walk onto specific (and highly noticeable) pads on the ground. Doing this will swing open large gates, and from there, the turtles graze on the grass, unmoving.
At the beginning, there is only one Orb you can retrieve.
- Blasting Boxes Advisor Gromit will wait to give you this quest until you've slain enough enemies to make the Superflame powerup active. Your job then is to shoot fireballs at the large metal crates located around the area, though you've no time limit regarding how long it takes you to break all the crates. Return to recharge the powerup whenever necessary.
Once you've received the Climb ability, come back for the final two orbs—both of which are given to you by an angry cook. He resides on top of a tall ladder in the end area of the level, easily found. Once you talk to him, he explains that he wants to make turtle soup. Well, you aren't going to stand for that, are you?
- Turtle Soup: 1 Now, when the Cook rings his bell, baby turtles will head for the pot in the center of the room. All you need to do is flame them (which will make them jump and turn around), or charge them (which makes them huddle into their shells and go bouncing off the wall briefly). The objective is to get them into the small pool on the farside of the area. When you've done this for all three turtles, the Cook angrily gives you an Orb, stating he doesn't need it anymore.
- Turtle Soup: 2 This time you have to prevent ten baby turtles from reaching the pot. The strategy is not to aim for the pool so much as to keep them from reaching the pot.
Return to the level to collect the rest of your gems, and you're done.
The scene shows the baby turtles you rescued, swimming and relaxing in the pools. Two of the turtles are seen diving into a pool. A baby turtle is then shown, standing in front of a duck worker, on the worker's shovel. Another baby turtle stands behind the worker, with an electrical stick in its hand. He shocks the worker, making the worker scream in pain and shoot the shovel up in the air, allowing the baby turtle to dive in the pool, happily.
Sunny Beach Intro and Closing Scene
|Sunny Beach - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
- Sunny Beach is paired with Aquaria Towers. The realm's early name, found in the code for the demo, was "Aquaria Beach".
- This level shares the English name of Sunny Beach with Sunny Beach, Bulgaria.
- This level also shares its name with the first race course from Wave Race 64.
- This is second of three levels in the original trilogy to have the word sunny in the name, the other two being Sunny Flight and Sunny Villa.
- The instrumentation in the cutscenes differs from the music in the actual level.
- The level Seashell Shore in Spyro: Year of the Dragon uses a background which appears to be based off the one used in this level.