Steam is an evil train engine in The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning that is controlled by an equally evil Conductor. He is battled atop Munitions Forge, where Steam, and the Conductor, are placed in charge of guard Terrador while his energy is drained. Ultimately, Spyro manages to overcome and destroy Steam, likely taking the Conductor with him.
- Steam's attacks and movements are very similar to that of the Ravage Rider.
- Steam is a 2-2-0 engine or an American Planet type engine. These types of engines were built and used most common on American railroads during the pioneer days in the 1800s and 1830s until 1928, and were given the name "American" in 1872 because of all of the work they did on every railroad in the United States. These types of engines have four wheels (two leading wheels, two driving wheels, and no trailing wheels).
|Spyro - Sparx - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Cynder|
|Swamp - Dragon Temple - Dragon Dojo - Dante's Freezer|
- Tall Plains - Munitions Forge - Concurrent Skies - Convexity
|Ape Soldiers - Ape Leaders - Ape Commanders - Frog Weeds - Growths - Bulb Spiders|
- Ape Dummies - Dreadwings - Trolls - Ogres - Troll Horsemen - Assault Turrets
- Armadillos - Rubble Brutes - Ape Cannons - Buffalo Beetles - Magma Worms
- Fire Beetles - Electric Leeches - Crystal Brutes - Conduits
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Aether|
|Dragons - Dragonflies - Apes - Spirit Gems|