Spooky Swamp is a realm found in Midday Gardens. It has water filled with nasty piranhas and crocodiles that will attack you if you are foolish enough to swim there. You need at least 25 eggs to access this world.
Spooky Swamp is infamous for the Lost Gem Glitch.
The fireflies that inhabit the area speak in constant haiku and are peaceful creatures. Unfortunately, they are bullied by the gators. They also live in fear of the Wizard whose lair is opened once all of the tea lamps are lit.
The characters Buson and Basho the Firefly are named after the Edo period Haiku poets Yosa Buson and Matsuo Basho.
- Michael (On an island)
- Thelonios (Light all of the lanturns, then meet up with Shiny the Firefly)
- Frank (On top of one of the trees)
- Herbi (Defeat Sleepyhead)
- Peggy (As Sheila; get Basho to the end of the path safely)
- Michele (As Sheila; get Buson to the end of the path safely)
- Homer the Firefly
- Bubba the Firefly
- Shiny the Firefly
- Buson the Firefly
- Basho the Firefly
- Destroy all of the Piranha signs
|Spooky Swamp - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- It's possible to avoid paying Moneybags by using the water to get across. Just make sure Sparx has plenty of health.
- If you manage to complete Sheila's Alp without freeing her, then come to this world, the sign next to the portal will be blank.
- Sometimes, there will be a chance that you'll be unable to obtain one gem in this world, and Sparx will not point out where it is. If this happens, and you cannot find it, then it will be impossible to enter Super Bonus Round without cheats, and even then, you cannot fight the Sorceress the second time without hacking. This is known to happen in the PAL version.