- "Full Scream Ahead!"
- —Sonic Boom's official catchphrase
Sonic Boom is described as being the maternal individual of the Skylanders, as she and her young are the only Skylanders who fight evil as a family. She is also cunning and brave.
Long ago, Sonic Boom took refuge high atop a mountain peak in the far reaches of Skylands, hoping to keep her griffin hatchlings safe. But despite her precautions, a devious wizard tracked her down and placed a wicked curse on the griffin eggs. Once hatched, the young hatchlings can live for only mere moments before they magically return to their shells... only to be hatched again in an endless cycle. Wanting to prevent such evil from happening to others, Sonic Boom joined the Skylanders and has trained her young to defend Skylands each time they are hatched.
When Sonic Boom chose the highest mountain peak to lay her eggs, little did she know that she was being watched by an evil wizard. Wearing a cloak of invisibility, the wizard made his way to Sonic Boom's nest, where he hoped to snatch a baby griffin feather for one of this wicked spells. Wizards live on a disgusting diet of liver and brussel sprouts so, while Sonic Boom could not see an egg-thief, she could certainly smell one. She filled the sky with an ear-shattering shriek and the wizard stumbled backwards out of his cloak. But as he fell, the wizard put the young hatchlings under a cruel curse. Now, the babies can only break from their eggs for mere minutes before returning to one of their eggs, trapped in an endless cycle of rebirth.
Sonic Boom and her hatchlings have used the curse to their advantage, however, and are now the first Skylanders to fight as a family. Their specialty is wiping out spout-stinking wizards.
Skylanders: Terrafin Battles the Boom Brothers
Sonic Boom and her hatchlings were enjoying a day-off at the Fantastic Fairy Fair with fellow Skylanders, Terrafin and Hot Dog. The griffin mother heard someone crying nearby and the trio of Skylanders came upon Rocky, a Rock Golem who was taken from his home by the fair's owner Professor Puck because of his magical singing voice that made everyone within earshot dance. After saving Gurglefin from a sticky cluster of cotton candy, the Skylanders attended Puck's circus show with Rocky being the star attraction due to his singing. Soon, the show was interrupted when a group of Trolls and the evil Floss-O-Tron 3000 trapped everyone, including the Skylanders, under a layer of sticky candyfloss, and kidnapped Rocky under orders of Kaos, believing him to be the Earth segment to the Mask of Power.Thanks to Hot Dog's fire power, the Skylanders were able to free themselves and the crowd from the candyfloss. Both Sonic Boom and Hot Dog then assisted Terrafin and Sprocket in their battle against Kaos, the Trolls, and Floss-O-Tron 3000, saving the circus from a sticky explosion but were unable to rescue Rocky. The Skylanders returned to the Eternal Archives after discovering a leftover clue that helped them learn about the Boom Brothers, a pair of robots responsible for making explosives.
Figuring out that the Explosive Emporium is where Kaos had taken Rocky, Sonic Boom, Terrafin, Hot Dog, and Sprocket journeyed to Junk Mountain where the explosions factory laid. After getting past an aggressive Trash Ogre and the emporium's security, the Skylanders were able to sneak inside and find Rocky only to fall into a trap made by Kaos and the Boom Brothers. The evil Portal Master then forced the heroes to dance uncontrollably by throwing sticks of dynamite that contained Rocky's enchanted singing called disco dynamite. Terrafin quickly thought of a plan and instructed Sonic Boom to use her ear-piercing screech to drown the Boom Brother's disco dynamite and help stop the Skylanders from dancing. Thanks to this, the Skylanders were able to drive Kaos out of the room and sealed themselves inside the chamber, which turns out to be the inner section of a large rocket they were in.
Kaos then threatened to blow the Skylanders sky-high should they refuse to let him and his troll army back inside the rocket and turn over Rocky to them. Even worse, the Boom Brothers recovered from the attack and was holding Hot Dog hostage, also threatening the Skylanders to surrender otherwise the robots would detonate the whole room using a pineapple grenade. Sonic Boom, along with the other Skylanders, refused to give up, but was surprised when Terrafin admitted defeat. This soon turned out to be a plan quickly conjured by Terrafin, who tricked the Boom Brothers into arguing with one another until one of the brothers forced the pineapple grenade down his sibling's throat, causing them both to explode and releasing Hot Dog.
With the danger of the Boom Brothers gone, there was still the threat of Kaos preparing to blow up the rocket they were in if they didn't surrender Rocky. The Skylanders were able to escape, using the rocket to fly out of Junk Mountain and leaving Kaos and his troll army under what was left of the Explosive Emporium. Back at the Eternal Archive, the Skylanders discovered that the Earth segment wasn't Rocky, but his singing voice, which was given to him centuries ago by one of the Spell Punks who first split the Mask of Power. They soon accompanied Rocky back to the fair and attended his show, which turned out to be disastrous for Professor Puck when Rocky's true, terrible singing voice was heard. This caused the audience to turn against Puck as they paid him to hear Rocky sing his magical voice that he lost and proceeded to run Puck out of town, leaving the Skylanders and Rocky satisfied over their victory.
Sonic Boom has the ability to shoot sonic waves from her mouth at her enemies. She can also toss out her eggs and her hatchlings will emerge from their egg shells to attack surrounding enemies and follow Sonic Boom around for a short while, until a later power upgrade allows them to hatch out as young griffins big enough to gain the ability to fly. After a while, they magically return to their egg shells due to the wizard's curse and must be released from their eggs again before repeating the attacking process. Not the finest example of parenting, but quite effective in battle.
For her specialization paths, she can either chose to upgrade her Egg Toss hatchlings into being more easily usable or improve her Roar attack's potential range and damage.
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 65
- Agility: 60
- Defense: 85
- Luck: 70
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Sky Schooner Docks
|Roar||Egg Toss||Resonant Frequency|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Loudmouth||Let There Be Flight||Ride of the Valkyries||Three's A Crowd|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Griffin babies.
|Sunny Side Up||Sibling Rivalry||Terrible Twos|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Roar attack.
|Echolocation||Egg Shocker||More Boom!|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Screech (Primary Attack): Unleash a powerful screech, damaging nearby enemies in front of Sonic Boom.
- Hatchling Swoop (Secondary Attack): Throw one of Sonic Boom's eggs. A hatchling will emerge from the egg and viciously attack enemies.
- Screechwave (requires level: 2): Release a hatchling, then strike it with a Screech to give the hatchling increased damage. The hatchling's next attack will also stun enemies.
- Growth Spurt (requires level: 7): After a few seconds, Sonic Boom's hatchlings (x) will grow in size, dealing more damage.
- Eggsplosion (requires level: 9): hold (x) to launch two charged eggs that explode when they hit the ground damaging and stunning nearby enemies as the hatchling emerges.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Create a tornado that makes enemy projectiles spin and hurt other enemies.
Launch a projectile that makes the projectile move upwards instead of falling down.
Create a tornado that stuns and pushes away enemies in range.
- "Full Scream Ahead!"
- "Feathers of fury!"
- "Let's go!"
- "Protect and soar!" - When using Wow Pow
- "Spreading my wings!" - Checking stats
- "Not bad." - Checking stats
- "Ooh, this should stop the windchill!" - When given a hat
- "Different, but I like it!" - When given a hat
- "Sounds good to me!" - When given a nickname
- "I like the way that sounds!" - When given a nickname
- "Time for battle!"
- "Breaking the barrier!"
- "Boom!" - When upgrading
- "Super Sonic!" - When upgrading
Skylanders: Terrafin Battles the Boom Brothers
- "Give our ogre friend a taste of his own medicine."
- "Skylanders never surrender. Never, ever give in."
- Sonic Boom doesn't wear her silver helmet and bracelets in a few of her upgrade pictures. This was later fixed in Giants.
- Her silver bracelets look similar to the bracelets Cynder wears as her main accessory.
- She is the third female character in the Spyro series to have children (the first being the Turtle Mother and the second being Nina).
- She is also the first mother character to appear in the Skylanders series (the second is Kaos's Mother).
- Lani Minella originally provided the voice of Sonic Boom in Spyro's Adventure. However, when Toys for Bob chose only fourteen Skylanders to speak English in the game, Sonic Boom wasn't included, and thus was given only her own gibberish language by screeching.
- Sonic Boom is often mistaken as male until fans hear her English speaking voice in Giants.
- She is also mistaken for a dragon by some fans who are unfamiliar with griffins.
- Most fans consider Sonic Boom's backstory as sad and tragic, due to her having to forever watch her babies hatch, only for them to magically return into their egg shells over and over again in an endless cycle after they've lived out of their eggs for only a short while.
- It should be noted that Sonic Boom's babies can be defeated by enemies and opponent players. The babies attack slowly when young and can be defeated in a single hit, so it's not recommended to hatch the eggs with enemies/opponent players nearby unless you've got the Terrible Twos upgrade or the Soul Gem, wait for them to age.
- Each time a hatchling is destroyed, it counts towards the Enemy Goal of the level. This can be vital to gaining credit for reaching the Enemy Goal of several stages that have their Enemy Goal set higher than the actual number of enemies in the stage, such as Empire of Ice.
- In Spyro's Adventure, Sonic Boom will occasionally vocally make a kaw sound. If her babies are around, they will respond back! 
- If Sonic Boom is at full health, her babies will eat nearby food, and get both larger and more powerful.
- Her catchphrase is a play on the phrase "Full Screen Ahead!" or "Full Steam Ahead!"
- A sonic boom is known as a shock wave created from exceeding the speed of sound and breaking the sound barrier.
- Guile from the Street Fighter series has a projectile attack that shares the same name.
- Sonic Boom wears the Air elemental symbol on her helmet and bracelets.
- While she has green eyes in her toy form, Sonic Boom has orange eyes in-game. But in Giants, her eyes are green.
- Strangely, her roar attack can light up Purple Tzo Crystals, but can't destroy them.
- As a Series 2 figure, Sonic Boom has a baby griffin by her side.
- Series 2 Sonic Boom, along with Series 2 Double Trouble, have a miniature ally along with them in their figures.
- In Spyro's Adventure, (Wii Version only), there is a glitch where, while flying, if charging up a roar (which stops Sonic Boom's flight), Sonic Boom will be able to walk around on water.
- She is one of the three Skylanders to have the word "boom" in her name (the other two being Boomer and Shroomboom).
- Before Swap Force, Sonic Boom, Hot Dog, Warnado and Wrecking Ball are the only four quadruped Skylanders who are not dragons.
- Sonic Boom's quote " breaking the barrier!" is a reference to her name, as a sonic boom is created by breaking the sound barrier.
- While on toy form she looks black/navy blue, she looks dark blue on her promotional art.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex