- "No sheep were harmed in the making of this game. A few Gnorcs, but no sheep."
- —Spyro the Dragon credits
Sheep are the one of the most popular and famous of the fodder animals as they have appeared throughout the Spyro series, and is also the subject of the TV advert for the first Spyro game. They later made a reappearance in Skylanders series.
In the spin-off game of Skylanders, the sheep are one of the indigenous fauna of Skylands. Most of the sheep population graze in the Perilous Pastures but they tag along to the Ruins in one of the cutscenes.
According to a note from Hugo, the sheep are among "the most feared creatures in Skylands" and that many Mabu "find their belongings missing after falling asleep while counting sheep." Another scroll mentions that Mabu use small tornados to get rid of sheep. However, it is most likely a propaganda by Hugo himself, as he greatly despises sheep.
Skylanders: The Machine of Doom
Sheep were unwilling victims of some invisible trolls who caused mischief in the Mabu Market, making the Skylanders believe that the sheep were flying by themselves, when in truth, they were really being carried by the trolls.
Skylanders: Spyro versus The Mega Monsters
Drill Sergeant was sent to the Giggling Forest to deal with two mega-sized Sheep terrorizing the trees there. Before he can land a hit on the sheep, Kaos, who had claimed to be turning over a new leaf by battling evildoers, arrived and saved the forest by making the sheep "vanish."
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Despite harmlessly grazing the Ruins, the sheep play a small role as an obstacle. When Arbo needs to gather apples for special seeds, the sheep will try and eat the apples. The Skylander will then have to gather the apples before the sheep eats them, in order for Arbo to be able to find the location of the Eternal Life Source.
In the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure, sheep are the local animals in the Radiant Isles. In Daystar Temple, whenever you break the sacred Sheep statues, your Skylander will temporarily turn into a Sheep. After a while they change back. By using different attacks, the sheep will do different things. For example, if Gill Grunt sprays them with water, their wool will become soaked and stick to their skin.
- In Skylanders, the sheep are affected differently from different attack bases. For example, if a Fire-based attack hits it, the sheep's wool will burn off and it will run around for a while until the wool regrows. If a Lightning-based attack hits it, the sheep's wool will puff up due to the electricity and can be rolled around for a while until the wool de-puffs. Usually, though, the sheep will flip over backwards and be stunned for a little while and cannot be killed.
- A MEGABLOKS set containing Legendary Skylanders also contained a Legendary sheep as a joke.
- Sheep love Boomer and Drill Sergeant and flock to them every chance they get.
- Despite that, they ignore either Skylander in the Xbox 360 version of Spyro's Adventure.
- While in the Ruins, Drill Sergeant's Auto-Blaster and Terrafin's Minisharks (with the homing upgrade) will automatically target sheep, as though they were enemies. Double Trouble's doubles will also attack sheep.