|Appearances:||Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
Shady Oasis (オアシスドーム; Oasis Dome) is another Middle Eastern Realm in Autumn Plains. Hippos are trying to reach the Magic Berry Bush, but are too short and not strong enough. Once they eat the berries, they become much larger temporarily and can bash through caged doors. Spyro must help a hippo named Shorty get to the Great Berry Bush, where they can eat the berries 'all the time' while fighting Arabian-style Thieves and their genie allies. The Talisman for Shady Oasis is the Mystic Lamp.
- Three theives have made off with some treasure, and it's up to you to stop them. If you kill all three of them, Bruno will give you an orb as thanks for helping him.
- Grundy's brothers have been trapped in rock, and will sink into the lava and die if they are not freed in time. To get the orb, you must pay Moneybags 1,000 gems in Winter Tundra after defeating Gulp to unlock the Headbash abillity. Use the headbash before at least one of the eight brothers sinks in. If you rescue them all, Grundy will give her thanks for saving her huge family and will give you an orb, claiming that she's too tired to carry it.
The scene opens showing a young hippo who is trying to reach one of the magic berries from the bush. Suddenly, a thief runs by carrying a handful of magic berries while doing his signature laugh. The hippo chases after the thief, but the thief is much faster than the hippo. The berry at the top that the thief was carrying falls off and the hippo eats it, while still chasing the thief. Suddenly, the hippo grows bigger and faster, and nearly catches the thief, but the thief goes through a hole in a wall, which is too big for the hippo to go through. He continues running around, laughing at the hippo. The camera goes back to the hippo who is wedged in the wall, and looks at the camera, sadly.
The scene opens showing two hippos who are at the Great Berry Bush, but all of the berries are missing. They wonder what has happened to them. They then hear a sound behind the bush, and look to see a greedy hippo in his enlarged form, eating almost all of the berries. The two hippos frown at the hippo, upset. The enlarged hippo, embarrassed, pushes some of the uneaten berries to another hippo who is beside him.
Intro and Closing VideoEdit
- At least nine other Hippos, eight of whom are Grundy's brothers.
|Shady Oasis - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
- For the Grundy sidequest, see the video on the Winter Tundra page
- The level's music is almost like a fast-paced remix of Scorch. In the PAL version, the song can also be heard in the opening and closing cutscenes of Fracture Hills.