Seashell Shore, also known as Shell Beach, is a realm located in Sunrise Spring in Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Seals were taking the Rhynocs submarine for a spin, but accidentally crashed it. In revenge, the Rhynocs "arrested" the seals, and threw them in an underwater prison cell.
Seashell Shore serves as the beach realm for Year of the Dragon, bearing a slight resemblance to Sunny Beach from Ripto's Rage. Starting underwater with a sunken ship, you can swim to the surface to enjoy the beach. Sheila also gets in on the action by helping destroy an enemy fortress. A rhynoc named Bluto can be found in a robotic shark in a challenge portal, waiting for Spyro to challenge him. There is also a very fast chicken in the main area known to some as the Funky Chicken. Hitting it with an underwater charge will earn you a Skill Point.
- Jason (in a pool)
- Jared (as Sheila; in a hidden cave)
- Mollie (as Sheila; reward for blowing up the Rhynoc Fortress)
- Duke (reward for killing all foes in an underwater tunnel)
- Jackie (reward for defeating Bluto)
- Dizzy (save Stanley from an Octopus)
- Snappy the Seal
- Sebastian the Seal
- Slappy the Seal
- Sandy the Seal
- Stanley the Seal
- Smelt the Seal
- Kill the funky chicken.
|Seashell Shore (Part 1) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon||Seashell Shore (Part 2) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- In the PAL and non-Greatest Hits versions, Seashell Shore music shares with Crystal Islands, while in the Greatest Hits version, Crystal Islands has its own music.
- The background in this realm appears to be based on Sunny Beach.
- The seals in this realm are voiced by Pamela Hayden, of The Simpsons fame. She also voices Bianca, Nancy and the Weather Imps.
- There is a glitch in the level. In the pool where you rescue Stanley from the octopus, there can be a glitch where you can get sucked to the bottom of the ground and spyro acts like if he were on solid ground. You can't move and you can't pause the game.
- This level's name is based off the famous tongue-twister, "She sells seashells down by the seashore."