Romeo and Juliet
|Species:|| Land Blubber (Romeo)|
Breeze Builder (Juliet)
|Gender:|| Male (Romeo)|
Male (because Romeo notes Juliet as "him") (Juliet)
|Homeworld:|| Zephyr (Romeo)|
Breeze Harbor (Juliet)
|Appearances:||Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
Romeo and Juliet are two characters who only appeared in Zephyr, in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!. Romeo is one of the Land Blubbers, while Juliet is a tall, blue bird with a strange, rough voice, assumedly a Breezebuilder.
Spyro has to talk with the Professor, who gives Spyro magic seeds which plant giant plants Spyro can reach higher grounds from. Once he gets to a certain point, the Professor awards Spyro with an orb and two more seeds to get the rest of the way. After planting the last seeds, Spyro finds Juliet, who was looking for Romeo. She finally sees him, gives Spyro an orb, then flies down to greet Romeo. After that, you can go and talk to them. Although they are next to each other, they will talk to you separately. Romeo mentions that he and Juliet will go to "Colossus Springs" (when he was meaning Idol Springs) to see the idols there. If Spyro talks to Juliet, she'll say that if Romeo "wasn't so short, we'd get married."
Afterwards, they have not been since.
It's possible to reach Juliet without speaking to the Professor. First, use the Double Jump Glitch to reach a seed in a ledge with a red gem, then plant it in one of the patches near the Professor without talking to him. Use the glitch again to reach the seed on the nearby ledge, then plant it in the third patch. Then, use the jump glitch to get the hight needed to glide over to the plant, then grab the next seed and plant it into the ground to reach the ledge with the Breezebuilders.
After taking them both out, grab the seed, then glide over to the ledge with the gems. Though it's possible to reach it through normal means, it's better to use the extra height with the Double Jump Glitch. Soon, you'll reach the Professor. Now, glide over to the ledge with the stairs, then glitch-jump and glide over towards the cage with Juliet, then plant the seed. You have completed the shortcut. However, should you speak to Juliet, you won't be able to obtain the orb the Professor is holding until you exit and re-enter Zephyr.
|Juliet Shortcut - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
|Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage! - Zephyr Walkthrough (100%)(Part 2)(08:00)|
Note: This is part 2 of a walkthrough. The shortcut part ends at 3:18. There is yet to be a video with only the shortcut.
- Fans often point out that both Romeo and Juliet have died, and that their deaths ended the war between the two worlds.
- Their names are obviously based off the main characters from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.
- Both the couple from Shakespeare's play and the couple from Zephyr are from families warring with each other for reasons long since forgotten.
- Romeo's quote from Shakespeare's play, such as "'What light from yonder window breaks'...that window up there, dummy!"
- Juliet also quotes, saying "'Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou, Romeo?' Oh, there's Romeo!" before giving you an orb and flying away. This is a common mistake. What most people don't know is that the word "wherefore" actually means "why" and so even though it is funny and sounds right, this usage is technically incorrect.
- Princess Ami and Prince Azrael might be based off this couple, as they are also lovers from warring realms (in this case, Charmed Ridge and Felinia)