|World Type:||Boss Realm|
|Appearances:||Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
The first stage of the battle is between Spyro and Ripto and takes place on the arena floor on top of the castle of Winter Tundra. Spyro must dodge Ripto's attacks while collecting orbs before he does. When Spyro collects three orbs he can use a special attack, which damages Ripto. Ripto's only attack, without the orbs, is to shoot fireballs from his sceptor. Note that on his own, Spyro's attacks cannot harm Ripto. He only jumps and says no!
The second stage of the battle is basically the same except this time Ripto is on Robot Gulp and he is slightly harder. It is a good idea to get them (the orbs) before Robot Gulp does, as the he can harness a lot of power from them. Robot Gulp then explodes as he gets defeated, and Ripto falls off from him.
After this, Spyro moves onto the final stage of the battle. Ripto turns a gold orb into a giant robotic bird (very similar to the ones from Gulp's Overlook and Skelos Badlands), destroys the arena floor (converted into a huge lava pool), and Spyro must fight Ripto as he flies on the back of a giant robotic bird. Spyro eventually defeats Ripto with his superflame powerup.
Spyro must collect three orbs before he can use them to attack. The type of attack Spyro uses depends on the type of the last of the three orbs he collects. After the defeat of Robot Gulp special orbs appear.
The Orb Effects for SpyroEdit
- Red Orb: Superflame
- Blue Orb: Super-charge
- Green Orb: Plasma Breath
- Gold Orb: Fly
The Orb Effects for RiptoEdit
- Red Orb: Fires red electricity from Ripto's scepter. Jump to keep Spyro from getting singed. Ripto will release three waves of this.
- Blue Orb: Surrounds him with blue, electric orbs. Charge away to avoid getting shocked.
- Green Orb: Emits hot waves of spherical, gaseous green 'fire.' from Ripto's scepter) Move away from these, as they can burn you.
- Gold Orb: Transforms the Orb to a Robot Bird also he shoots green powerful blasts from his scepter instead of his usual red,firey-like shots
The Orb effect for Robot GulpEdit
- Red Orb: Giant Superflame with a worm-like shape.
- Blue Orb: Light-blue electricity ball (out of Robot Gulp's horns). Charge away from them as they fall from above.
- Green Orb: Laser-vision. Jump to avoid this.
- Gold Orb: The Orbs appear when you defeat Robot Gulp.
The Orb effect for Robot BirdEdit
- Gold Orb: The Orb is transformed into the Robot Bird.
|Ripto's Arena - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
- Hunter uses his wings to fly around the area and drop the magical orbs. After Robot Gulp explodes, however, he is seen hitting the wall of the arena and falling into the lava. Apparently, he somehow survives.
- During the Robot Gulp fight, if you make him swallow a red orb last, he will shoot a blast of worm-shaped fire. If, during this, Spyro manages to approach Gulp and then move swiftly to the side, the fire will hit Robot Gulp and it will take damage. (The same thing can be done against the real Gulp.)
- In the first round of the battle, you can actually avoid Ripto's flames from hitting you by jumping quick and high.
- In the last round of the battle (where you and Ripto are flying), charging Ripto (if you are near him, that is) will cost him a decrease in health. But if you are far from him, just make use of your Superflame, to avoid yourself from losing precious health.
- If you can defeat Ripto in all three stages without getting hit, you can get a well-deserved skill point. This skill point is incredibly difficult to get, but can be easy with infinite superflame.
- This was considered the hardest boss battle in all of Spyro.
- 40 Orbs are needed to open the portal.