|Native Species:||Water Wizards|
|Appearances:||Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
Mystic Marsh (ミスティックシャワー; Mystic Shower) is a realm in Winter Tundra that only appeared in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!. There is trouble in the marsh. A fountain that once kept the creatures calm has now stopped working and the creatures have become violent and hostile towards their marsh-mates. It is Spyro's job to figure out why the fountain has stopped, as well as to turn it on again.
Mystic Marsh is a tropical world set all in an African, Southern Asian, and Australian style setting. It is evident that Australian wildlife had influenced the design of the creatures in this world as some are similar to platypus, while others are similar to kangaroos as well as a possum-like mammal. Elephants and rhino type creatures also make appearances.
- The main challenge of this realm, the water-wizards have lost control as a result of their fountain being shut off. By defeating enough enemies, you can activate the spring power gate and jump to the wizard in charge of powering the fountain. Turns out the wizard named Snoozle was slacking off, and the switch to the fountain was powered down.
- An explorer named Bazil requests your help! His car has broken down due to missing spark plugs, and it's up to Spyro to retrieve them. The four plugs are held captive by four kangaroo-like thieves. The thieves run in simple trails, so it is easy for Spyro to catch up to them. Upon collecting all four, Bazil rewards Spyro with an orb. (Difficulty: ★★★★☆)
- The Professor is missing his trusty pencil, misplacing it somewhere in the marsh, and Spyro must assist him. He entrusts Spyro with an egg and instructs the player to trade it with another creature in the marsh in exchange for the pencil. Spyro trades the egg with a bird, who gives him a seed. He plants the seed and a resulting flytrap gives him a rubber-duck. Continue trading at various locations around the marsh and Spyro will eventually locate the missing pencil. (Difficulty: ★★★★☆)
The scene opens with three Water Wizards soothing three Snail Elephants due to the power of the fountain. The fountain, suddenly turns off mysteriously. The Water Wizards gasp, and sink to the ground, sadly. The Snail Elephants raise out of their shells, and look at the three wizards menacingly. The wizards shake their heads no, in a failed attempt to stop them. But the Snail Elephants then charge at the three wizards, who scream, and trample upon them.
Snoozle, the Water Wizard in charge of controlling the fountain, is seen controlling it for a few seconds. However, he soon starts to nod off, and falls asleep. He is soon abruptly awaken by another wizard who bangs on a gong behind him. He hits Snoozle on the head with the gong stick, to wake him up and warn him not to go back to sleep. Snoozle shakes his head, and continues controlling the fountain, before he starts drifting back to sleep.
Intro and Closing Video
- Water Wizards
- At least two other Water Wizards
- Bazil the Explorer
- Elora (mentioned)
- There is a glitch that allows you to swim in the air. To cause the glitch, you must do following: accept both orb challenges. Take the egg from the Professor, then start catching all the thieves, remembering that the one that swims through the water tunnel must be the last one caught. If you will catch this thief while swimming through the tunnel and have all other plugs already, then you'll be teleported to the Basil, still swimming. This glitch allows you to "swim" literally everywhere, even outside the borders of the marsh.
|Mystic Marsh (Part 1) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!||Mystic Marsh (Part 2) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
|Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage! - 100% - Mystic Marsh - Part 1(07:44)||Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage! - 100% - Mystic Marsh - Part 2(07:09)|
- If you look at the coins in the fountain, you'll notice a face in them. It is the face of Dan Johnson, an Insomniac employee famous for his in-game cameos. The coins would begin the easter egg that would continue on in the Ratchet & Clank series.
- Mystic Marsh is one of only three known realms whose trouble was not (presumably) caused by Ripto, with the other two being Breeze Harbor and Zephyr. The main reason behind the trouble with the fountain and the rampaging animals was because Snoozle fell asleep on the job (hence his name).