Metalhead (アイアン・ヘッド 4-4 Iron Head 4-4 in Japanese) is the Boss Level for the Beast Makers Homeworld. The level retains its Homeworld appearance of being swampy in appearance, but the boss battle itself takes place inside of a building before moving outside. An important hidden area early on in this level is a small alcove with one bar missing, through which you can glide to reach gems on top of buildings. Continuing through the level, you come to a sloping ramp guarded by a bananaboy, and a dragon at the bottom. Following the ramp takes you to the door of a large, castle-like hall in which the boss battle takes place.
Metalhead is a swampish realm with multiple castle pieces around. There are castle towers scattered around the realm, that hold Gems. There's a hidden moat with rock walls and walkways. The moat holds green swamp water. This moat has a few gates preventing moving forward, but one gate is broken however, making entrance through this gate, to a secret area possible. Through this broken gate will lead to a small castle that holds gems, and a whirlwind. This whirlwind leads to the most elevated castle tower in the realm, making it possible to Glide to the other towers. Most of the ground in this realm is covered with grass.
At then end of the regular path, there will be an entrance to a big castle on the left. This castle is the area where Spyro fights Metalhead, but in the pathway to Metalhead is Sadiki. The first room where Spyro fights Metalhead is made out of stone, and resembles the inside of a castle. After all of Metalhead's power poles are destroyed, the robot will run to the next room with power poles. The hallway to the next room is covered in dark rock, and resembles a cave. The next room where Metalhead is fought, is a massive, cave-like area. The walls are made up of jagged, dark rock, and the floors are made out of stone. Metalhead is standing in front of a castle entrance, and there is a waterfall. The floors are surrounded by swamp water. Once Metalhead is defeated, you will be able to enter the castle Metalhead was in front of. The end of the level is in here.
The background of this realm is dark and cloudy.
- Sadiki- Right before Metalhead.
- This is one of the few levels where Spyro does not do his aerial backflip when he arrives.
- The music in this level resembles that of its homeworld's, Beast Makers, music.
- In the late demo, the level is called "BOSS", has Stone Hill's music, the enemies makes no sounds when killed, the power-poles make no noise when destroyed and Metalhead's noise when chickening away is different.
- In the NTSC Version of the game, there were three red gems and a basket containing a green gem, located on a notoriously difficult ledge, within the building that contains the exit. It requires Spyro going up a whirlwind to a ledge, where he should try and glide to the difficult ledge. In the PAL Version, the gems and basket were moved to the ledge that Spyro gets to by whirlwind.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|