|Appearances:||Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
- "Oh sure, taunt a hungry chef... what I'm gonna serve my dinner guests for the first course?"
- —Master Chef
The Master Chef is a character whose only appearance has been in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!. He first appeared in Sunny Beach, wherein he is found trying to wrangle up the local baby turtles to be used as a main ingredient in a soup he wants to prepare for himself and his unseen dinner guests. He gives Spyro an Orb for each challenge in which Spyro tries to keep the unsuspecting turtles from falling into the soup pot.
In the Dragon Shores amusement park, the Master Chef is seen as one of the characters inside the dunk booth and is also one of the characters in the Love Boat ride.
In the game's epilogue, the cauldron originally intended for turtle soup has been configured into a hot tub, where the Master Chef, Spyro, and one of the elder turtles are seen relaxing.
- The Chef is one of the few NPC's in Ripto's Rage who shows a reaction from physical impact. If Spyro flames or charges him, he will quack in surprise, causing his hat to slide down over his eyes and get stuck.
- His speaking voice follows the comical "French Chef" stereotype.
- The Master Chef's subjection to the dunk tank in Dragon Shores could possibly be a punishment sentenced by the turtle monks for his soup attempt. That would indicate his friendly actions in the epilogue were the results of him "turning over a new leaf".
- When idle, he quacks in a "Donald Duck"-like voice.