Magma Cone (マグマコーン; Magma Cone) is a volcanic world that only appeared in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! in the Autumn Plains homeworld. It is inhabited by friendly male fauns with Irish accents. They were about to have a party when Earthshapers unclogged the volcano. To complete the level, you must help the fauns kill all of the Earthshapers and close the lid on the volcano.
- Some Lava Monsters have stolen the faun's party hats. Use the Superfly Powerup to fly around, Fly through the geysers to pick up lava rocks and shoot them at the Lava Monsters. You can't get close enough to flame them because they'll just attack you with their noise-makers. Kill all 12 and Chedda the Faun will give you an Orb. (Difficulty: ★★★★★)
Crystal geysers I
- Hunter has found a cave in Magma Cone that's been frozen over, And every once in a while green crystals pop up out of the ground. Hunter challenges you to a race to see who can collect the most crystals (calling them "crystal popcorn"). When you see a trail of smoke in the ground, simply follow it and wait for a crystal to pop up, than grab it before Hunter does. You need to collect 10 before Hunter does, to succeed. Tip: Follow Hunter and snatch each crystal he tries to grab by running over the crack it comes from. This will not only increase your number of crystals but will prevent him from getting any if you do it right. (Difficulty: ★★★☆☆)
Crystal geysers II
- It's the same as before except more crystals pop up faster and Hunter is faster. You need to collect 15 before Hunter does to win. (Difficulty: ★★★★★)
The scene opens showing two fauns, who are relaxing in the sun. Suddenly, a rumbling sound is heard, which awakens one of the fauns. He tries to warn his friend, but he ignores his warning, and goes back to sleep. Suddenly, a piece of large molten rock comes out of the volcano. The molten rock falls out of the sky, and lands near the sleeping faun. His friend looks at the molten rock, and then at the camera for a second. He hops a few inches away from the rock, and goes back to sleep.
The scene opens showing four Fauns dancing and jumping around. Two of the Fauns do a high five. The Faun in the middle left does a double eyebrow raise, then tries to high five the far left faun, but accidentally knocks him into the lava. The Faun's hat is on the ledge. The faun looks at the others cautiously and see they haven't noticed a thing, So the faun slides the dead faun's party hat into the lava, and goes back to dancing around with his friends.
Intro and Closing Video
- Hunter the Cheetah
|Magma Cone (Part 1) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!||Magma Cone (Part 2) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
- Magma Cone is paired with Fracture Hills. An early name for the realm, found in the code for the demo, was "Fracture Cone."
- Magma Cone and Zephyr only need two Spirit Particles to activate their Powerups, the lowest of any level besides Metropolis, which only needs one.
- Magma Cone is one of the few worlds in the series to keep its name in the Japanese version, along with Cliff Town, Dry Canyon and Wizard Peak.
- Magma Cone has a very similar background to these levels: Cloud Temples, Canyon Speedway, Molten Crater, Evening Lake, and Dino Mines.
- Magma Cone also has a similar grass texture and building design to Evening Lake.
- It is possible to skip the payment for Moneybags for the platform. To do this, Spyro will have to double jump on the boundaries near Moneybags and glide to where Chedda the Faun is standing. Spyro can then climb up and close the lid on the volcano and get the talisman.