Luau Island is an island inhabited by Pigs and Idols. The main dilemma is that some of the pigs had gotten trapped by the Riptocs' security gate and are being kept to be the main course of the Riptocs' feast. Spyro then comes along to activate the gate switches and set them free. It has a lot of water and most of the gems can be found underwater. There is also a superflame portal where you have to flame 3 wooden tikis. Probably one of the easiest challenges.
The Riptocs have scared Hunter's baby Mantaray and Spyro has to go and round them up before they get lost.
The natives wanted to practice their drumming sequence with Spyro before the tourists came. Spyro wins two dragonflies if he can beat Rodtikiney in a drumming contest.
The drums are placed according to the order of the Circle, Triangle, Cross and Square buttons, and have to be hit in the correct order. The first round requires six consecutive correct hits, whilst the second round requires nine.
- The idols that appear in this realm look very similar to the ones in Idol Springs. They even used sausages (possibly coming from the already-cooked Pigs). It's possible that the Green Colosi have sold some of their idols to the Pigs.
- The key in Monkey Monastery was originally going to be found in Luau Island.
- The names of the Pigs are references to food.
- One pig is named Hamlet, a play on the literary character Hamlet and the word 'ham'.
- One of the pigs is named Porkins, a name of one of the pilots of Red Squadron from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
- Hunter is shown wearing his purple diving equipment during the Manta Ray Sidequest. He also wore this in Aquaria Towers and Desert Ruins.
- Ironically, he's a cheetah (a type of cat), and hints in Year of the Dragon that he hates getting wet.
- A dragonfly, Homer was named after The Simpsons character, Homer Simpson. (However, it is more likely based on the Greek "Homer's Odyssey", given that two other dragonflies in the area are named after the Greek philosophers Plato and Socrates.)
- One of the instruments in the music played in the main section is also in a lot of the songs in the SpongeBob cartoon, movie, and game series.
- The pigs voices are recycled from the Professor's "A-HA!" from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly - Hunter the Cheetah|
Bianca the Rabbit - Spirit - Zoe
Crush - Gulp
|Alligator Farmers - Bartholomew - Bears - Dragons - Dragonflies - Moneybags - Monkey Monks - Rodtikiney - Pigs - Professors - Thieves - Yetis|
Dragonfly Dojo - Crop Circle Country - Luau Island - Cloud 9 - Monkey Monastery - Honey Marsh - Thieves Den - Jurassic Jungle - Chateau Ripto
|Dragonflies - Gems|