|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (console version) |
Skylanders: The Machine of Doom
|Attacks/Actions:|| Spell casting |
|English Voice Actor:||Richard Steven Horvitz|
- "My head is awesome, I tell you! Fear it! Fear my GIANT FLOATING HEAD!!"
Kaos is overconfident, with a big ego as well as an inferiority complex. He was ridiculed when he was young and desperately tries to be taken seriously as a villain. However, underneath his overconfident exterior, Kaos possesses a cunning and dangerous mind. Like most villains, Kaos is digusted at the sight of romantic atmospheres. The only person whom he treats with any kindness is his butler, Glumshanks. Kaos also has a strong hatred for the tree folk, including his evil Life minion, Evil Ent.
In Spyro's Adventure, Kaos despises the new Portal Master whom he calls by 'Apprentice Portal Master' and 'Portal Master Imposter', and claims that only he is a real Portal Master.
Being a Portal Master, Kaos has the ability to summon darker versions of the Skylanders, as well as other races as his minions, such as Cyclopses, Trolls, and the Drow. He also has the ability to summon powerful spells and magic, sometimes with the assistance of the Eternal Sources.
Kaos is also notable for being able to cast a large, hooded projection of his head to talk to the outside world from his castle on a Portal of Power. Using this special effect, the projection of his head is more terrifying (though all of Skylands know that it isn't his real face) and Kaos speaks with a deeper alteration of his voice to make himself sound more sinister.
Before he became evil, it was said that Kaos was born a prince. While his brothers were blessed with long, flowing locks, good looks and devastating charm, Kaos was bald, ugly, and devastatingly smelly. His father dismissed Kaos as an embarassing runt, and the prince kicked his father in the widdershins, gave away his royal name, and headed out into the wilderness, alone and friendless (unless you count his faithful and equally ugly butler, Glumshanks). Desperate for companionship of the non-troll variety, Kaos set to work on trying to build friends of his own out of wood. Remarkably, he actually had some success, and thus the mannequin people known as the Wilikin were born. Unfortunately, Kaos being Kaos, even his own creations could not bear to be around him.
Despite being equipped with no sense of smell, the Wilikin were nonetheless able to detect their creator’s distinctive pong, and ran off to become servants for Kaos' royal family. It wasn’t all bad news for Kaos, however. Having created the Wilikin, he realized he had something of a knack for magic, and he threw himself into learning more about this unexpected power. When his research brought him to the subject of Portal Masters, Kaos immediately knew he must be one of them. The only problem was, he didn’t have a portal. So, with Glumshanks at his side, he began to scour the universe for one. It was only a matter of time before they found their way to Skylands and learnt of the Core of Light, the mysterious machine that filled Skylands with light and kept The Darkness at bay. Hungry for power, Kaos had tried to destroy the Core there and then, but had been defeated by Master Eon and the Skylanders. He, however, had never given up on the dream of ruling Skylands.
Skylanders: The Machine of Doom
|WARNING: This section contains spoilers below! (Skip section)|
While Spyro, Eruptor, Boomer, and Gill Grunt were in the Forest of Fear to retrieve the Chattering Key, Kaos captured Flynn and used the Mabu to force the Skylanders to hand over the key to him when they got back. The evil tyrant and Glumshanks then summoned a tomb leading to the Pyramid of Just Rewards that contained the Arkeyan weapon he was seeking: the Machine of Doom. To make sure the Skylanders didn't follow him, Kaos ordered his minions to keep Flynn hostage as they entered the pyramid. Inside, Kaos once again tried to threaten Flynn's life when the Skylanders had entered the tomb as well to stop the evil Portal Master, but the troll Skylander, Boomer, attempted to control the Machine of Doom. However, the machine went out of control, breaking apart, and the pyramid itself started to crumble.
Kaos laughed maniacally at the Skylanders, revealing that the Machine of Doom was really a trap designed by the Arkeyans to capture anyone who may be tempted to steal the weapon capable of destroying the Core of Light, knowing that anyone who braved the terrors of the Forest of Fear, stole the Chattering Key, and opened the tomb was too dangerous to walk free. In addition, Kaos planned to use the trap to bury the Skylanders alive inside the pyramid. Revealing his transport portal as his means of escape, Kaos attempted to make a hasty retreat from the crumbling pyramid to leave the Skylanders to be buried alive. He was stopped by Boomer, who managed to control the Machine of Doom and destroy Kaos' portal.
Spyro, despite wanting to leave Kaos in the very trap he tried to spring but knew what Eon would do, saved the evil tyrant from the tumbling ruins as Boomer used the Machine of Doom to get them all out in time. Kaos, however, made his escape afterwards using a fragment of his transport portal and teleported home to his lair. In his lair, Kaos began to look through a book entitled, '101 Ways to Become Lord of Skylands', smiling evilly after writing out the words 'Plan One: The Machine of Doom' on the first page...
|Spoilers end here.|
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
In the story events of Spyro's Adventure, Kaos returned to Skylands after his exile to exact his revenge and he succeeded in destroying the Core of Light by using his Hydra, banishing the Skylanders to Earth in the process and proceeded to shroud the world of Skylands using The Darkness. He soon became aware of the new Portal Master who arrived to save Skylands, and attempted to stop them and the Skylanders from restoring the Core of Light failed. After the Core of Light was restored, Kaos retreated back to the Outlands, but not before vowing that he wasn't beaten yet.
The new Portal Master and the Skylanders soon confronted Kaos in his lair to stop him once and for all, battling against him, his Minions, and his Hydra, and successfully defeated them. As Kaos gloated that he will destroy the new Portal Master and Skylanders to oblivion another day, the hovering throne he was piloting exploded due to the damage it sustained in battle, sending Kaos flying and landing back on the ground, knocking him out shortly afterwards. Kaos was then imprisoned temporarily at the Ruins, where he soon vowed that he will keep returning until Skylands was his if he was going to be banished to the Outlands once more. However, to his surprise, Kaos was banished to Earth instead, where he was turned into a toy and is soon tormented by a dog.
In the upcoming sequel to Spyro's Adventure, Kaos had returned to rule over Skylands once again. After being banished to Earth, the evil tyrant used a Portal of Power that was in a toy store display to return to Skylands. Upon his arrival, he landed in a very ancient part of the world and discovered the remnants of a civilization that ruled Skylands over 10,000 years ago; a race of magical and technological beings called the Arkeyans. Kaos was able to activate one of their robots and quickly learned that if he can acquire something known as the "Iron Fist of Arkus", he can not only reactivate the entire army of Arkeyan robots, but also command them. With that kind of power, Kaos would be unstoppable and it's up to the new Portal Master, the Skylanders, and the Giants to stop Kaos and the Arkeyans.
Spyro the Dragon
Kaos despises Spyro as much as the other Skylanders for constantly foiling his plans to rule Skylands, often calling Spyro by the mocking name of 'dragonfly'.
- And now, Skylanders, I shall defeat you!" - from The Beginning Trailer
- "Yay me!"
- "Well well well! What do we have here? A Stupid Skylander and Eon's Portal Master apprentice!"
- "Impossible! You survived my best water spell! Ahem! I MEAN... You survived a very mediocre water spell that I found laying around - somewhere."
- "Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher... up to HERE!"
- "The Eternal Fire Source is mine, I tell you! MINE! Er - even in the mine!"
- "Foolish Apprentice! You played right into my hands!"
- "It was a spectacular plan. A monumental plan. The most spectacular, monumental plan of all time. A plan so cunning that these dunderheads still don’t realise what it was."
- "You and whose army, Skychumps? I’m about to lay my hands on an ancient and mysterious weapon of ancient and mysterious power. I will be UNSTOPPABLE and you will be DOOOOOOMED!!"
- Kaos is pronounced identically to the word 'chaos'.
- He has a serious earwax condition.
- He is comparable to Ripto. They both were picked on at a young age, use magic for evil, they're both pretty short and have big heads.
- Kaos is the second human in the Spyro series to be a main antagonist, the other being Neo Cortex from Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy.
- In the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure, Kaos' role as the main antagonist is acquired by Hektore, who, ironically, is actually a 'giant floating head'.
- Kaos bears a resemblance to Gollum from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Kaos almost talks exactly like Invader Zim, Billy and Daggett, cartoon characters whom Richard Horvitz also voiced during his years of voicework. Also strangely result, Kaos' hologram head is same talk like Professor Cog in Power Rangers Samurai.
- In one of the movies, Terrafin mentions Kaos owes him five dollars.
- When Kaos has his "floating head", it is similar to those of the Barrow Wights from The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II, and The Rise of The Witch-king.