|Appearances:||Spyro: A Hero's Tail|
|Attacks/Actions:|| Toxic Breath |
|English Voice Actor:||Susanne Blakeslee|
- "Ah, you must be Spyro! You're larger than I expected."
Besides her natural ability to swim, Ineptune has the power to spew streams of toxic slime, as well as to throw spheres of it.
Upset that Spyro had defeated Gnasty Gnorc, Red sent Ineptune to stop the young dragon from his journey to save the realms. Having never seen any dragons in her lifetime, Ineptune confirmed that Spyro was "larger than she expected"; Spyro told her that normally people he fought said that he was smaller than they expected. Ineptune then claimed that she rarely sees dragons, and soon attacked Spyro by breathing toxic near the purple dragon.
Spyro saw that her weakness was her purple belt, and was able to defeat her by ramming into it and sending her slamming into the walls of the arena. Defeated, Ineptune disappeared into the toxic water all the while lamenting that she was defeated by 'a pygmy pipsqueak so tiny that she couldn't see him with a miscroscope'. Aqua was freed from Ineptune's clutches and granted the water breath to Spyro before floating away.
When Red learned of her demise, he claimed that he could not believe this and sent his remaining ally, a wooly Mammoth, to fight Spyro.
- Main article: Watery Tomb
Ineptune is the second boss in the entire game. She will mainly use her toxic breath and throw toxic balls at Spyro. When she disappears into the water, she will summon lasers to scan the arena. The only way to harm her is to charge into her purple belt when Ineptune stops to rest after she breaths toxic around the platform.
- There is a way to fight Ineptune without destroying the Dark Gems around the Lost Cities. To activate, go to the right of the forcefield (near where the shell with the purple curtain is), then try to jump up the rocks and behind the house. If Spyro gets stuck, then he will fall into an unknown area. Move around a bit, and the area will become the cave. However, there is no music until Spyro is knocked out the first time. Here is the link to the YouTube video. (It only works on the GameCube version)
- Ineptune is the only boss in the game to have their own theme song during their battle. The battles against Gnasty Gnorc and both of Red's forms have the same music.
- Her name is quite similar to the name of Neptune, the god of the seas.
- She seems to be based on Ursula from The Little Mermaid, as they are both evil obese sea witches. However, Ineptune is an actual Mermaid.
- Ineptune's voice actress is Susanne Blakeslee, who is well known for voicing female Disney Villains such as Malelificent, Lady Tremaine, and the Evil Queen.
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus - Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mother Turtle - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan - Tomas - Trina - Wally - Zoe|
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins - Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine - Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|