- “Ah, you must be Spyro! You're larger than I expected.”
Besides her natural ability to swim, Ineptune had the power to spew streams of toxic slime, as well as throw spheres of it.
Disappointed that Spyro had defeated Gnasty Gnorc, Red sent Ineptune to stop the young dragon from his journey to save the realms. Having never seen any Dragons in her lifetime, Ineptune confirmed that Spyro was "larger than she expected"; Spyro told her that normally the people that he fought said that he was smaller than they expected. Ineptune then claimed that she rarely saw dragons, and soon attacked Spyro by breathing toxic near him.
Spyro saw that Ineptune's weakness was her purple belt, and was able to defeat her by ramming into it, which sent her slamming into the walls of the arena. Defeated, Ineptune sunk herself down into the toxic water all the while lamenting that she was defeated by "a pygmy pipsqueak so tiny that she couldn't see him with a microscope". Aqua was freed from Ineptune's clutches and granted the Water Breath to Spyro before she floated away.
When Red learned of her defeat, he claimed that he could not believe that and sent his remaining ally, Mammoth, to fight Spyro.
- Main article: Watery Tomb
Ineptune was the second boss in the entire game. She mainly used her toxic breath and threw toxic balls at Spyro. When she disappeared into the water, she summoned lasers to scan the arena. The only way to harm Ineptune, was to charge into her purple belt when she stopped to rest after she breathed toxic slime around the platform.
- There was a way to fight Ineptune without destroying the Dark Gems around the Lost Cities. To activate, go to the right of the forcefield (near where the shell with the purple curtain was), then try to jump up the rocks and behind the house. If Spyro got stuck, then he fell into an unknown area. Move around a bit, and the area would become the cave. However, there was no music until Spyro was knocked out the first time. Here is the link to the YouTube video. (It only worked on the GameCube & Playstation 2 versions).
- Ineptune was the only boss in the game that had their own theme song during their battle. The battles against Gnasty Gnorc and both of Red's forms had the same music.
- Her name is a portmanteau of the words "inept" and "Neptune," the Roman god of the seas.
- She seemed to be based on Ursula from The Little Mermaid, as they were both evil, and obese sea witches. However, Ineptune was an actual Mermaid.
- Ineptune's voice actress was Susanne Blakeslee, who was well known for voicing female Disney Villains such as Maleficent, Cruella DeVil, Lady Tremaine, and the Evil Queen.
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus|
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mother Turtle - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Wally - Zoe
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|