The peak consists of a series of icy paths and domed buildings. Bob, a resident with a heavy Canadian accent, tells Spyro that he needs to meet his friend Doug to go ice-fishing. However, Rhynocs have blocked the path and shut down a gondola connecting the main area with the fishing hole. Spyro must fight his way through the peak to clear the path, reach Doug, and activate the gondola. He must also guide an ice skater named Nancy through her routine, flaming the Rhynocs that try to hit her with their hockey sticks.
- Chet - Find Doug the Polar Bear
- Maynard - On Top of a Ledge
- Cerny - Protect Nancy the Skater
- Betty - Speedy Thieves I - Catch the yellow egg thief
- Scout - Speedy Thieves II - Catch the red egg thief
- Reez - Glide to the Sky Island
- Glide to the Pedestal
|Icy Peak (Part 1) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon||Icy Peak (Part 2) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- If you manage to knock a rhynoc off a cliff, he will yell all the way down.
- This level is one of three levels in the entire game that doesn't have a Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Bentley nor Agent 9 portal, the other two being Cloud Spires and Lost Fleet.
- If you say no to Moneybags here, he asks Spyro if he's saving up for another sequel, breaking the fourth wall.
- One of the dragons in this realm does Michael Jackson's Moonwalk once he is obtained.
- In the thieves' area, there seems to be a no-death mechanic, as you do not lose any lives if you fall off Supercharge ramps.
- The Vultures in this level were originally from Canyon Speedway in Ripto's Rage.
- The dragon egg you get from the ice skating minigame is named Cerny. This is a reference to Mark Cerny, the former Vice President of Universal Interactive who worked closely with Insomniac Games and Naughty Dog.
- Bob and Doug are named after Bob and Doug McKenzie, characters from the "Great White North" sketch on the tv series SCTV.