This realm consists of a series of icy paths and domed buildings. Bob, a resident with a heavy Canadian accent, tells Spyro that he is meeting with his friend Doug to go ice fishing. However, Rhynocs have blocked the path and shut down a gondola connecting the main area with the fishing hole. Spyro must fight his way through the peak to clear the path, reach Doug, and activate the gondola. It is later revealed that Doug actually put up the ice blocks, so that Bob wouldn't beat him to the fishing hole.
In the epilogue, Nancy is shown finally winning a gold medal at the Olympics, beating out two other Rhynocs.
- Find Doug the Polar Bear (Chet): Make your way through the realm and find Doug so he can give you an egg.
- On Top of a Ledge (Maynard): After the second set of ice blocks, go to where Zoe is and look directly right. There are a set of steps next to the cliff. Go up the steps and follow the path. A Shooting Rhynoc will be guarding this egg at the end of the path, so just defeat him to get it.
- Protect Nancy the Skater (Cerny): In order to access this challenge portal, you will need to pay Moneybags 500 gems. Nancy is about to do an ice dance routine, but keeps getting whacked by Hockey Rhynocs. Help her finish her routine by flaming all the Hockey Rhynocs before they smack her with their sticks. After successfully performing the routine, Nancy will give you an egg she got from a judge who threw it instead of a rose.
- Speedy Thieves I (Betty): In this other challenge portal, there are two thieves: a red thief on a pedestal, and a yellow thief, who has this egg. Catch the yellow thief while using the supercharge panels.
- Speedy Thieves II (Scout): The red thief has this egg, and he will start running from you after catching the other thief. This one is faster, so it may take a bit longer to catch up to him.
- Glide to the Sky Island (Reez): Obtaining this egg requires several steps. First, go to the cannon that is near the second set of ice blocks, and shoot the frozen whirlwind to activate it. Next, go to the end of the realm where Doug is, and look left to find another cannon. Use that cannon to shoot another frozen whirlwind in front of you, then glide to it. You will be brought to a cliff-side path that leads to the whirlwind you activated earlier. Jump and glide through the path to the whirlwind, and it will take you to the sky island where the egg is.
- Glide to Pedestal: In the thieves' challenge portal, it is possible to glide to the pedestal that the red thief stands on while the yellow thief tries to escape. To get to it, take the left path after entering the portal. On the next split, go right. Jump the first gap, and then stop before jumping the second gap. There will be a cave to your left. Go into it, and you will find a whirlwind. You will then be taken to the top of a mountain, where some treasure chests will be. Now, face the pedestal, and glide to it. Land on it successfully to get the skill point. Since it is so small, it can take a couple tries, but don't worry too much about falling off, since you won't lose any lives in this area.
|Icy Peak (Part 1) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon||Icy Peak (Part 2) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- This level is one of three levels in the entire game that doesn't have a Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Bentley nor Agent 9 portal, the other two being Cloud Spires and Lost Fleet.
- If you manage to knock a Rhynoc off a cliff, he will yell all the way down.
- If you say no to Moneybags here, he asks Spyro if he's saving up for another sequel, breaking the fourth wall.
- One of the dragons in this realm does Michael Jackson's Moonwalk once he hatches.
- In the thieves' area, there seems to be a no-death mechanic, as you do not lose any lives if you fall off Supercharge ramps.
- The Vultures in this level were originally from Canyon Speedway.
- One of the eggs in this realm, Cerny, is named after former Vice President of Universal Interactive Mark Cerny, who worked closely with both Insomniac Games and Naughty Dog.
- Bob and Doug are named after Bob and Doug McKenzie, characters from the "Great White North" sketch on the TV series SCTV.