Honey Speedway is the third speedway in Spyro: Year of the Dragon in the Evening Lake homeworld. It takes place in a bee-themed area under a dark sky, filled with bees, flowers, beehives, and a steaming river of honey which serves as a place for motorboating bears.
To access this speedway, you will need 65 Dragon Eggs.
The first challenge is the time attack. Spyro has to destroy honeycombs, fly through beehives, bash the bumblebees and hit the motorboating bears (without landing in the hot honey and slowing down), in the time limit. If he wins, another egg is added to the collection (Chris)
In the second challenge, Spyro attends a bumblebee race, competing against 5 colorful bumblebees. If he wins, he gets yet another egg (Henri).
Like in all speedways, Hunter is hiding somewhere in Honey Speedway. His challenge is to escape on a motorboat from a chasing sheep saucer, avoiding obstacles that come in the way. If he escapes, then Spyro has another egg on his side (Nori)
In the first version of Spyro: Year of the Dragon, there's an egg bug in Honeycomb Speedway. If Spyro doesn't go through all the challenges the first time he enters the speedway, he will not be given the eggs. Fortunately, in the Greatest Hits version of the game, the bug is fixed and Spyro should receive the eggs.
Another glitch involves Hunter's boat chase. Should the saucer go in front of you, then go behind and crash, Hunter will still be abducted, but the boat will continue on, and you'll be stuck. The only way out of this is to reset the game.
|Honeycomb Speedway - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
The Speedways On Speed Section Time!
- The backdrop of Honey Speedway is virtually identical to that of Tree Tops from Spyro 1, except there are beehives hanging from some of the trees.
- In the Greatest Hits version, Honey Speedway has a soundtrack of its own. (Click here to listen). In the PAL version and non Greatest Hits NTSC version, the Harbour Speedway music is used.
- Sparx calls this level "Honeycomb Speedway". If you read the portal or check the atlas, you'll see that this level is actually called "Honey Speedway".
- It is the only speedway in Spyro: Year of the Dragon to operate at night.
- If Hunter is caught in the trap, he will not be present until he has been freed by Bianca.