|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
|Attacks/Actions:|| Conjure Phantom Orb |
Rain of Skulls
Wall of Bones
Storm of Skulls
Caustic Phantom Orbs
|English Voice Actor:||Courtenay Taylor|
- "Fear the Dark!"
- —Hex's official catchphrase
It may seem that since her Undead transformation, Hex has become serious, perhaps even sinister, striking fear into the hearts of her enemies in combat. It has been said that she has laughed only once since her transformation -- apparently at an incident involving Trigger Happy, Slam Bam, and a gold coin in the rear end.
Long ago, Hex was a gifted and powerful elven sorceress who traveled deep into the Underworld to confront the Undead Dragon King named Malefor, who made several attempts to capture her to learn her secrets. Though she successfully battled the dragon and wounded him terribly, Hex returned from the underworld changed – having unwillingly joined the ranks of the Undead. Many are wary of her since her transformation, suspecting she has used her powerful magic for evil purposes. But Eon trusts her, and views her as a most valuable Skylander ally.
Being a gifted and powerful sorceress corrupted with Undead powers, Hex has the ability to summon and cast dark magic and spells. She can also summon large skulls to rain down from the sky down onto her opponents, and bring forth a barrier of bones to protect her from enemy attacks.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 270 (max. 540)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 18 (max. 48)
- Critical Hit: 30 (max. 80)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 70
- Agility: 40
- Defense: 70
- Luck: 50
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
| Wow Pow Power|
|Conjure Phantom Orb||Rain of Skulls||Skull Shield||wowpowname|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Wall of Bones||Storm of Skulls||Bone Fortress||Twice the Orbage|
This upgrade path lets Hex further develop her Phantom Orb attack.
|Long Distance Orbs||Caustic Phantom Orbs||Unstable Phantom Orbs|
This upgrade path lets Hex further develop her Rain of Skulls and Wall of Bones abilities.
|Compound Fracture||Master Caster||Troll Skulls|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Sprectral Spheres (Primary Attack): Cast a spehere of spectral energy at your enemies.
- Spook Summoning (Secondary Attack): Gather otherwordly spirits around Hex. Project the spirits at nearby enemies. Hex can summon up to three spirits at once.
- Unknown (requires level: 3): Add description here.
- Unknown (requires level: 6): Add description here.
- Unknown (requires level: 9): Add description here.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Curse enemies in range and make them more vulnerable to attacks for a certain time.
Launch a projectile that accelerates to a high velocity instantly.
Curse enemies in range and inflict damage.
- "Fear the Dark!"
- "The dark hour begins!"
- "It's darkest before the dawn!"
- "Take a walk on the dark side."
- "Fear when I am near."
- "Be afraid of the dark!"
- "My power knows no equal!"
- "Mwhahahahahaha, (sigh) good times."
- Hex is also a word meaning the practice of witchcraft, usually as a curse.
- She bears a resemblance to Maleficent from Disney's Sleeping Beauty.
- It is unknown if Hex is a Drow, but judging by the fact that she is a blue skinned elf, it is highly possible.
- Both Hex and Cynder share a few story qualities in their backstories: both have encountered the Undead Dragon King, Malefor, and both people and the Skylanders are still wary of them due to their dark powers.
- She and Fright Rider are the only two elves from the Undead element.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
- Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash - Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo - Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex - Pop Fizz (Punch) - Jet-Vac (Legendary) - Shroomboom - Chill (Legendary) -
Flashwing (Jade) - Sprocket - Fright Rider - Hot Dog (Molten)
Roller Brawl - Countdown