|This article is about the character from The Legend of Spyro series. You may be looking for the character from the Skylanders series.|
|Homeworld:||Valley of Avalar|
|Appearances:||The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon|
|English Voice Actor:||Kevin Michael Richardson|
- "Your appearance has changed, but not your eyes: your eyes give everything away. You are the black dragon... Cynder; the Terror of The Skies... the Dark Master's Puppet."
- —The Hermit
The Hermit is a tall, ancient, bluish colored cheetah with a long staff that seems to have what appears to be a magical crystal mounted on top. He appears to be very wise, yet disturbingly deranged at the same time. His disturbing warnings are only emphasized by his raspy cackling voice.
The Hermit was run into by Spyro, Cynder and Sparx, who came to his cave to get a key to accomplish a rescue mission for Chief Prowlus and Meadow. After defeating a small horde of ghoul like creatures, the Hermit emerged and recognized Cynder as the black dragon who was controlled by Malefor, telling her that the creatures that she helped kill were actually what remained of the Apes of Malefor's army. The Hermit then told Spyro and Cynder that the Apes only served Malefor for their own greed and thirst for power than any true loyalty to him, and that Malefor repaid them by turning the Apes into skeletons, dooming them to remain in the darkness. The old Hermit then departed cackling insanely after warning Cynder of a fate she may very well suffer for being in service to Malefor, and that the Dark Master would find her for betraying him. This prompted Cynder to feel extremely upset about this, and both she and Spyro walk away from the Hermit, not wanting to hear anymore of his words.
Fortunately, Spyro and Cynder's mission didn't go in vain, as Sparx managed to swipe the key from the Hermit without him knowing, allowing the three to continue on their mission to help Meadow get back to the Cheetah Village.
Afterwards, the Hermit can also be seen sitting next to an armor chest in his hut after talking with him.
International Voice ActorsEdit
|Language||Voice dubbing actor|
NOTE: Some of the International voice actors are missing. Please help fill in the correct voice actors within the correct languages.
- The Hermit seems to know a lot about Malefor, though it is possible that considering that as he is extremely old, he may have known Malefor when the Dark Master was young (after all, Malefor is roughly 132 years old by the time of Dawn of the Dragon) or maybe the Hermit could have served Malefor before as he only called Malefor by his true name one time and the Dark Master twice, and of course not counting he didn't offer them the key to the supply cave needed to rescue Meadow.
- Another speculation made by fans was that the Hermit was actually Malefor under disguise, this however is debatable due to the fact that he later appeared sitting on top of an armor.
- Hermit's Italian voice actor (Claudio Moneta) also provided the Italian voice for the Dark Master, Malefor.
- Hermit's Danish voice actor (Timm Mehrens) also provided the Danish voices for Terrador and Chief Prowlus, which all of those roles were originally voiced in English by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Hermit's Swedish voice actor (Dick Eriksson) also provided the Swedish voice for Sparx.
|Spyro - Sparx - Cynder - Hunter - Malefor - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Chronicler|
|Catacombs - Twilight Falls - Valley of Avalar - Warfang - Ruins of Warfang - The Dam - Burned Lands - Floating Islands - Malefor's Lair|
|Grublins - Grublin Flies -Hero Grublins - Orcs - Hero Orcs - Trolls - Bowman Orcs - Wyverns - Shadow Apes|
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Convexity - Poison - Fear - Wind - Shadow|
|Grublins - Spirit Gems - Armor - Green Chains - Elite Enemies|