- "Do you really think I can be stopped that easily?!"
Hektore is a ruthless fiend, willing to do whatever it takes to obtain as much power as he can, even if it means endangering the Mystic Seekers. His fearsome image makes him even more evil than Kaos, an antagonist who appears only in the console versions of the Skylanders series.
Hektore is a dangerous threat, possessing the ability to fire beams of energy from both his eyes and mouth that are powerful enough to fully destroy the Skylanders. He can also summon spells that conjures dark whirlwinds.
- "Hektore is Coming!"
Whenever the Skylanders accomplishes a task and gains a Radiance Crystal, Hektore will appear and track them down until they reached the portal at the end of the level to escape from him. If time runs out, Hektore will immediately destroy the Skylanders if they hadn't reached the exit. If the timer is at 30 seconds remaining, Hektore will start firing laser beams at the Skylanders until they regain some time or reach the end of the level. If the time fully runs out, Hektore will ultimately destroy the Skylanders in one hit, resulting in a game over.
The Darkness came to the Radiant Isles one day, bringing with Hektore with it. Using the powers of The Darkness, Hektore enslaved the Mystic Seekers and forced them to create the Dark Mirror, using it to shroud the Radiant Isles from the rest of Skylands in order to keep the Seekers' powers for himself. The invader later imrpisoned the Mystic Seekers after they forged the Mirror, but discovered that two of them, Fargus and Wendel, had escaped imprisonment to await for the new Portal Master who will help them save the Isles. However, Hektore tracked them down, and Fargus used his power to combat against Hektore's, but was overwhelmed and taken captive. Afterwards, Hektore was seen in all of the areas of the Radiant Isles, appearing only when the Skylanders have gathered a Radiance Crystal and attempted to stop them from achieving their goals.
At the Dark Mirror, the Skylanders fought against Hektore and his dark minions until they gained Wendel's staff to use as a beacon for the Mystic Seekers to destroy the Dark Mirror. Hektore then chased the Skylanders down through his lair, and once at the Dark Mirror, they activated the beacon, allowing the Seekers use their power into the Shattering Sigil to destroy the Dark Mirror. Enraged, Hektore began to threaten the new Portal Master, but was destroyed shortly after the Dark Mirror's destruction.
- Hektore takes the role of Kaos as the main antagonist into the 3DS version.
- He has only a few speaking lines.
- Hektore, at one point during production, was to have a puny version working a large mask similar to Kaos working a giant head.
- He and Vathek are the only bosses in the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure, though Hektore is the only the boss that can be accessed without an adventure pack.
- He bears a small resemblance to Eon, as both are now floating heads, and the spikes on the upper half of Hektore's head are somewhat like the spike's on Eon's helm.
- It is not beyond possibility that Hektore was, at some point, human or humanoid, then was near-mortally injured like Eon, turning him into a spirit (albeit a much darker one).
- His concept art featuring him thinking Skylands is a stage might be a reference to Hyde (a.k.a. Dark Phantom) from the Mega Man Star Force series.
- Although Hektore is absent from the 3DS version of Skylanders: Giants, his voice can still be heard when the player completes a Time Challenge.
- Hektore is similar to King Sombra, a villain in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic; both have only a few lines, enslaved a once-peaceful land, and their death scenes are nearly identical.