|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the boss in the first game.|
|Appearances:|| Spyro the Dragon |
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
|Attacks/Actions:|| Shoot green magic out his club (Spyro the Dragon) |
Beat with his club (Spyro: A Hero's Tail)
|Cameos:|| Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (mentioned) |
Spyro: Year of the Dragon (mentioned)
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (mentioned)
Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy (Trading Card)
Spyro: Shadow Legacy (mentioned)
|English Voice Actor:|| Micheal Gough (1998, 2004)|
Drew Markham (2004) (shared the role with Gough in 2004)
|Japanese Voice Actor:||Katsuhisa Hōki (1999)|
- "Ugly!? That does it!"
- —Gnasty Gnorc
His name is pronounced as "Nasty Nork", without the Gs. However, the interviewer at the start of the first game pronounces the Gs (although this can be dismissed as ignorance).
Gnasty Gnorc is a mean, ugly, greedy, bad tempered, and 'nasty' Gnorc who hates Dragons. He is unintelligent, but is sensitive about his appearance, and will not hesitate to attack those who stand in his way. He is mostly a bully and loves to taunt when you can't reach him, but when you get too close, he will panic and run. Gnasty's greed and downright meanness is what drove him to devise the magic spell that he cast in the events of Spyro the Dragon.
Gnasty Gnorc was originally an inhabitant of the Dragon Realms, but as time went on, he found it hard to live with the Dragons' rules and customs. He became chaotic and unruly as he gazed at the Dragons' treasure cache of gems that were not only beautiful to look at but also showed him the reflection of his own ugly mug. As time went on, Gnasty began causing mischief which soon escalated into trouble in the Dragon Realms as he began learning and meddling with magic. So the Dragons banished Gnasty to a wasteland world known as the Dragon Junk Yard, where he was far enough away to do whatever he wanted without hurting any other residents.
Gnasty renamed the wastelands "Gnasty's World." He realized that his power was nothing without minions to command. After a while, he found out that he could turn gems into Gnorcs and so he began "borrowing" the Dragons' treasure and creating gnorcs out of them. The Dragons knew of this, but believed it would be best to let it go for the time being, so as not to upset Gnasty.
Dragon Realms InvasionEdit
One day, during the creation of a documentary video for the DNN (Dragon News Network), Lindar, when asked about Gnasty Gnorc, calls Gnasty "ugly," along with other derogatory terms. Gnasty, who overhears this, becomes enraged and encased every dragon in crystal (except for Spyro, who is apparently too small for him to notice). He then confiscated their entire treasury, turning some of the gems into Gnorcs and scattering the rest throughout the Dragon Realms. Gnasty also hired thieves to steal the remaining twelve dragon eggs in an attempt to fully exterminate the Dragons. Since Spyro is the sole remaining Dragon, he took it upon himself to free all the other Dragons, recover the gems and eggs, and defeat Gnasty.
In the final battle between Spyro and Gnasty Gnorc, Spyro chased down the thieves who held keys to certain doors. Gnasty, meanwhile, fired magic beams at him (which turned the other Dragons into crystal). Once Spyro reached Gnasty, the big Gnorc ran away. Spyro chased Gnasty down throughout the realm and got close enough to flame him. Afterwards, Gnasty entered a lava tunnel, with Spyro in hot pursuit. The young dragon got to the end where Gnasty was waiting with his club, and Spyro flamed the Gnorc a second time, finishing Gnasty Gnorc off.
Year of the DragonEdit
It has been revealed that Gnasty Gnorc survived his battle with Spyro, as he appeared in the epilogue along with Ripto, where they are shown talking about the "Spyro Problem".
A Hero's TailEdit
In Spyro: A Hero's Tail, Red, an evil Dragon Elder, hired Gnasty Gnorc and had him assist the evil dragon in his plans. When Spyro confronted Gnasty the second time, Gnasty claimed that he was the one who defeated Spyro, but Spyro corrects him and the battle ensues. This time, Gnasty seemed stronger and trickier to deal with because he doesn't simply run away. After Spyro defeated him, the trapped Electric Fairy, Amp, granted Spyro the power of Electric Breath.
- In Year of the Dragon in Enchanted Towers, Hunter said he created a skateboarding move called the "Gnasty Gnorc." This is performed by doing either two front flips or two black flips and two side rolls.
- In the first cutscene in Ripto's Rage!, Spyro mentioned that he and Sparx had not visited Dragon Shores since they had "kicked Gnasty Gnorc's butt".
- In Year of the Dragon, after beating the game, some epilogue pages can be accessed. One of the pages shows Gnasty Gnorc and Ripto discussing the "Spyro problem". Gnasty was supposed to appear in Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, but did not appear due to the fact that the creators were forced to speed up production for a winter release. Instead, Ripto mentions Gnasty Gnorc.
- In the games, a big part of the Dragon Elders, Spyro, Ripto, and others calls him Nasty Norc, this is possibly because of the word "nasty". Others say G-nasty G-norc.
- Gnasty Gnorc had a new helmet and new armor in A Hero's Tail, presumably given to him by Red.
- Despite the fact that he is the final boss in the first Spyro the Dragon game, he is defeated in merely two hits. Most of the previous and weaker bosses are defeated with at least three hits. The true challenge of the fight, however, is getting to him.
- In Spyro the Dragon, Gnasty Gnorc holds his staff in his left hand, implying he is left-handed, but in A Hero's Tail, he holds it in his right hand.
- Due to his apparent death at the end of Spyro the Dragon and his vastly different personality/right handedness in A Hero's Tail, many fans believe he is a fake Gnasty Gnorc created by Red or that he simply became stupid as a result of being resurrected.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge - High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle - Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbor - Gnasty's Loot|
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus - Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mother Turtle - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan - Tomas - Trina - Wally - Zoe|
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins - Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine - Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|