|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
|Attacks/Actions:|| Chain Whip |
|English Voice Actor:||Freddie Winston (uncredited)|
- "No Chain, No Gain!"
- —Ghost Roaster's official catchphrase
Ghost Roaster is a skeletal ghoul who is one of the playable Skylanders in the Skylanders series, first appearing in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. He is available exclusively in the Darklight Crypt Adventure Pack.
There was a time when Ghost Roaster was neither a ghost nor a roaster. Instead he was a chef living in a village high in the mountains. One day, while clipping wool from a sheep to use in a recipe, he accidentally fell into the Valley of the Undead and transformed into a ghost-eating ghoul! After eating an entire spectral village, its Ethereal Ruler chained Ghost Roaster to a spiked ball as punishment. Its rattle can be heard as he wanders the night, warning nearby spirits. When Master Eon eventually heard of his predicament, he figured even a ghost eater could be useful. So he made Ghost Roaster a Skylander... after he promised to eat only evil ghosts.
Being a ghoul, Ghost Roaster can turn intangible to avoid enemy attacks, but it drains his health in the process. He can also turn into a flaming and speeding skull, and strike his enemies using the spiked ball or spike of his chain.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 280 (max. 560)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 20 (max. 70)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 60
- Agility: 40
- Defense: 85
- Luck: 40
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
| Wow Pow Power|
|Chain Whip||Skull Charge||Lingering Curse||wowpowname|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Pain Chain||Metalhead||Ectoplasm Mode||Haunt|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Ectoplasmic abilties.
|Phase Shift Burst||Ecto-Friendly||Nightmare Touch|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Skull Dash attack.
|Fright Bite||Unfinished Business||Life Transfer|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Tail Flail (Primary Attack): Whip enemies with Ghost Roaster's ball and chain.
- Ghostly Gathering (Secondary Attack): Summon two ghosts. Send a ghost at the nearest enemies and the enemy will be haunted and take damage for a few seconds.
- Skull Sprint (requires level: 2): Press (X) to summon ghosts, then Sprint (A) to consume a ghost and turn Ghost Roaster into a giant skull. When in skull form, Ghost Roaster will damage nearby enemies.
- Unknown (requires level: 5): (Add description here)
- Unknown (requires level: 8): (Add description here.)
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Curse enemies in range and make them more vulnerable to attacks for a certain time.
Launch a projectile that accelerates to a high velocity instantly.
Curse enemies in range and inflict damage.
- His catchphrase 'No Chain, No Gain' is a joke on the saying 'No Pain, No Gain'.
- His name may have been a reference to Marvel's Ghost Rider.
- Ghost Roaster looks like a cross between a ghost and a vampire.
- In the 3DS version of Skylanders, Ghost Roaster has the ball and chain attached to the end of his tail by a shackle, while in the console versions, the ball and chain was chained into the tail-like end of Ghost Roaster.
- Ghost Roaster's attire was originally red.
- He is the only Skylander that can die in the Ruins due to his ectoplasm mode.
- Ghost Roaster shares similarities to the Mortal Kombat character, Scorpion, as it gives him a kunai-like weapon at the end of his chain in subsitution to the spiked mace as well as the ability to make ghosts when something is killed with the chain whip.
- When moving in-game, Ghost Roaster's chain can be heard scraping on the ground.
- He, Camo and Lightning Rod don't have upgrade paths for their primary attacks.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
- Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash - Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo - Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex - Pop Fizz (Punch) - Jet-Vac (Legendary) - Shroomboom - Chill (Legendary) -
Flashwing (Jade) - Sprocket - Fright Rider - Hot Dog (Molten)
Roller Brawl - Countdown