The Frozen Altars is a realm in the Evening Lake world, whose portal is accessible by swimming. At the time Spyro was in the Forgotten Worlds looking for the Dragon Eggs, the Penguins of Frozen Altars had been tricked by the Sorceress into constructing several large snowmen, which had come to life. Desperate for a solution, they bought a laser defense system from Moneybags, but were unable to use it due to their flippers. When Spyro arrived, he managed to defeat the snowmen for good. To help defeat the snowmen, special ice fairies temporarily granted Spyro the ability to breathe ice as opposed to fire as long as he roams Frozen Altars.
Adding a controller to slot 2 will allow yeti boxing to be multiplayer.
- Cecil (On a floating island)
- Aly (As Bentley; Beat the Yeti the first time)
- Ricco (As Bentley; Beat the Yeti the second time)
- Jasper (On a ledge)
- Jana (Get to Eugene)
- Ba'ah (Win at Cat Hockey)
As Bentley; Beat the yeti within two boxing rounds.
- Fairies - Gabrielle the Ice Fairy
In Frozen Altars, Bentley dons a blue boxing outfit, along with blue gloves. This makes it the only time that a playable character (other than Hunter, who changes forms at least three times during the game) takes on a different form for certain reasons. Also, the Colossus Yeti dons a red boxing outfit, with red gloves.
|Frozen Altars (Part 1) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon||Frozen Altars (Part 2) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- The entire level seems to be based on both Antarctica and South America with both the Penguins and the Incan themed enemies and temples.
- There is vague proof that the bear who put up the ice block was Moneybags.
- In the Bentley Boxing Challenge, one of the sounds the Yeti makes when hit is similar to the sound Crush makes when hit by Spyro in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!.
- Frozen Altars was to be mentioned in Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, but was cut.