|This article is also viewed at the Skylanders Wiki.|
|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (console versions) |
Skylanders: The Machine of Doom
Skylanders: Lost Islands
Skylanders: Swap Force
|English Voice Actor:||Patrick Warburton|
- "You wanna take a balloon ride with Skylands' greatest pilot? Of course, that'd be me."
Flynn is one of the supporting characters who first appeared in the console versions of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. He appeared in Skylanders: The Machine of Doom, and will later appear in Skylanders: Giants. He has an obvious crush on Cali.
Flynn has a very overconfident personality, especially when it comes to "the ladies". He often calls himself 'the greatest pilot in all Skylands'. He also tends to put himself in the spotlight, often taking credit for things the Skylander does. After the Skylander defeats Kaos in Spyro's Adventure, Flynn admits that the Skylander is kind of amazing, mentioning that he doesn't say that about people other than himself. After the events of Giants, Flynn announces that he would be turning over a new leaf by being more humble.
Despite his boastful attitude, he is courageous, as evident when he was held captive by Kaos in The Machine of Doom, Flynn was willing to sacrifice himself for the Skylanders to leave with an item that could give Kaos ultimate power. On some occasions, Flynn isn't the smartest person in the group, but he is very knowledgeable on flight equipment.
Skylanders: The Machine of Doom
Flynn was helping Hugo warn the Skylanders on what the both of them had seen in the Mabu Market. However, upon arriving at the Eon's island, Flynn's hot air balloon went out of control and crashlanded into Eon's garden, nearly crashing on Boomer had Spyro not saved the troll.
Boomer soon helped Flynn repair his hot air balloon, and the ballonist later assisted the Skylanders on their mission to get the Chattering Key that resided in the Forest of Fear. While the Skylanders were within the forest, Kaos captured Flynn and used him to force the Skylanders into giving the tyrant the Chattering Key in exchange for Flynn's life. Flynn told Spyro not to give the key to Kaos, as the Mabu was willing to sacrifice himself for the Skylanders' mission. The young dragon, not willing to sacrifice Flynn, gave Kaos the Chattering Key, but the tyrant soon used Flynn as a hostage to keep the Skylanders from following the evil Portal Master. Inside the Pyramid of Just Rewards, Flynn was held dangling above the flames of the chamber by Glumshanks, until he was eventually freed by Eruptor and later escaped the crumbling pyramid along with the heroes.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Flynn helped out Hugo in seeking out the new Portal Master and the returning Skylanders on the Shattered Island. He later helps out the Skylanders in favor of taking down Kaos, and also due to Cali's involvement. The Balloonist took the heroes by transporting them to the first three different areas using his hot-air balloon in Skylands: Perilous Pastures, Sky Schooner Docks, and Stormy Stronghold. Flynn afterwards stayed in the Ruins, but would give out balloon rides to the Skylanders all the while talking about himself and other various things.
After Kaos' defeat, Flynn stood by Cali and Hugo next to a captive Kaos, and complained about the tyrant's ramblings. This attracted Cali as she finally noticed something that both she and Flynn agree on, and she complimented the balloonist that he's okay when he's saying something ridiculous, to which Flynn responded with a 'back at ya'. As Kaos was sent skywards to Earth by Hugo, Flynn remarked about how fast the teleportation was.
After the events of Spyro's Adventure, Flynn gained a large amount of reward money for supposedly 'defeating Kaos'. He wasted the reward money on a cursed ship called the Dread-Yacht, which he used to help the Skylanders travel to find the Lost City of Arkus to beat Kaos to the Iron Fist of Arkus. After Kaos was defeated again, Flynn modestly appreciated his crew on his ship for their part on the adventure, even revealing that he would turn over a new leaf by being more humble, much to Cali's surprise and satisfaction.
- Flynn's role in helping the Skylanders references the Balloonists from the first game, Spyro the Dragon, who help out Classic Spyro by transporting him to different Homeworlds to progress.
- He resembles a bobcat in appearance.
- Flynn's humorous one-liners, combined with Patrick Waburton's excellent voice acting, makes him one of most popular side characters of the game to fans.
- After beating Spyro's Adventure, you may ask him to go on a balloon ride again even though he would have said 'no' to the player before when the sky became the orange color. When he does this, he has slightly different comments for what the player sees.
- As shown in Skylanders: Giants, Flynn isn't allowed on quite a few islands, varying in reasons from owing money to trying to steal a compass worshipped by Drow.
- He claims to have found love in the Junkyard Isles, though this was likely intended as an attempt to make Cali jealous.
- It is possible that something happened to his balloon because in the level, Autogyro Adventure because occasionally, if you crash, he laments, "I miss my balloon."
- During the credits, Flynn's balloon can be seen in the background after Flynn pilots the 'dingy' away. While it's hard to say, it looks like there is someone in the balloon.
- Flynn breaks the fourth wall in the credits of the console versions of Skylanders.
- He and Chompy Mage love enchiladas.
- Despite saying that he'll be more humble in the final cutscene of Giants, Flynn will still brag a bit when the player talks to him after beating the final level. He also states at the very end of the final cutscene that the "BOOM is back!" implying he may have changed his minds about being humble.