Original Spyro series
The Legend of Spyro series
After teaching Spyro the art of Fire, Ignitus taught Spyro how to fly. Spyro afterwards flew his way to Dante's Freezer in the level, First Flight, and later flew through the eruption of Boyzitbig on Munitions Forge to get away from Cynder.
Spyro and Cynder are able to fly at anytime, making Dawn of the Dragon the first Spyro game to have free-flight available throughout the game.
In Skylanders, one of Spyro's upgrades is Flight. Upon acquiring this upgrade, Spyro can fly at any time and have his speed increased, but can only fly a little above the ground. Other Skylanders who have the Flight upgrade will have this ability as well:
- Sonic Boom
- Sunburn (only on trailer)
- Warnado (rides tornado)
- Dark Spyro
- Legendary Spyro
- Lightning Rod (hovers over the ground and water automatically)
- Double Trouble (flies over water using his Waterwalker upgrade)
- Gill Grunt (flies by firing high-pressure water from the tanks on his back)
- Jet-Vac (uses his powerful vacuum device to fly)