|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Giants |
Skylanders: Swap Force
|Attacks/Actions:|| Crystal Shards |
Surrounded by Shards
Light Speed Lasers
|English Voice Actor:||Tara Strong|
|First Release:||Skylanders: Giants|
- "Blinded by the Light!"
- —Flashwing's official catchphrase
Flashwing fancies her beauty and usually adores being in the spotlight.
Flashwing's true origins are a mystery. But her first appearance came when Bash made a wish that he could fly and looked up to see a shooting star streak across the sky and in a valley below. In the centre of the glowing impact crater was a large, brilliant geode - which suddenly cracked open to reveal Flashwing. Bash may not have soared that day, but his heart sure did, because Flashwing was beautiful... and lethal. As soon as Bash stepped closer, the gem dragon turned towards him. Not knowing if he was friend or foe, she blasted him off of the cliff with a full force laser pulse from her tail! Perhaps Bash flew that day after all.
Bash instantly fell in love with Flashwing when she came from a shooting star that crashed onto a cliff. After investigating the crash, he approached Flashwing. Not knowing whether he's a friend or foe, she blasted him off the cliff with a laser blast from her tail. It is unknown if Bash still holds feelings for Flashwing after getting attacked by her or if she holds feelings for him after the incident.
Flashwing can launch crystal shards from her tail spike at enemies, like a scorpion shooting poison spikes. She can also twirl around, hitting enemies with her crystalline wings, and summon a large crystal from the ground to allow light to beam through it and streak enemies surrounding it.
Flashwing is one of the versatile Skylanders in the game. She has an amazing, ultra-wide-range area-of-effect that dramatically increases the damages she can dish out. On top of that, Flashwing has a superb ranged attack that not only has knockback, but you can also purchase Healing Crystals, an upgrade on the Super Shards path, that allows her to heal herself!
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 260 (max. 520)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 10 (max. 60)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 40
- Agility: 80
- Defense: 80
- Luck: 80
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Bringing Order to Kaos!
| Wow Pow Power|
|Crystal Shards||Shimmering Spin||Crystal Lighthouse||None|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Surrounded By Shards||Luminous Lasers||Light Speed Lasers||Armored Aura|
Further develop Flashwing's Crystal Shard attacks.
|Shooting Shards||Crystal Craziness||Healing Crystals|
Further develop Flashwing's Shimmering Spin ability.
|Extra Radiant Rotation||Reflection Deflection||Light, Crystal, Action!|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Tailshard (Primary Attack): Press Y to fire a crystal shard at enemies.
- Wingshards (Secondary Attack): Press X to release an array of crystal shards from Flashwing's wings.
- Crystal Light Beam (requires level: Unknown): Hold Y to charge up a mighty energy beam.
- More Shards (requires level: Unknown): Pressing X now fires off more crystal shards from Flashwing's wings.
- Crystal Lighthouse (requires level: Unknown): Enemies now have a chance to spawn a Crystal Lighthouse when defeated. This Lighthouse damages enemies nearby with a powerful beam of light.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Shake enemies in range and prevent them to shoot for a while.
Launch a projectile that stops in mid-air and drops straight down with great force.
Create an earthquake and inflict damage to enemies in range.
- "Blinded by the Light!"
- "Outshining the rest!"
- "Rising up!"
- "Mesmerizing, like me!"
- "A shining success!"
- "Perfect success!"
- "Crystal power!"
- "A shining victory!
- "My time to shine!"
- "Time to shine!"
- "All that glitters!"
- "My time to shine!"
- "Got the edge!"
- "Oh Yeah!"
- "I'm sure everyone will know it's still me!" - When receiving a hat
- "My beauty is eternal, even with this hat!" - When receiving a hat
- "A regal name indeed!" - When receiving a nickname
- "A name be fitting me!" - When receiving a nickname
- She has the Earth elemental symbol on her chest.
- Flashwing is the second Dragon Skylander in the Earth element, the first being Bash.
- Much like Sunburn, despite possessing wings, Flashwing doesn't have the Flight upgrade in the console versions, although both Skylanders can glide for a while as their dashing ability in the 3DS version.
- Flashwing is voiced by Tara Strong, who also voiced Flame, Blink, and Ember from Spyro: A Hero's Tail. Tara Strong is also best known for voicing Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls, Timmy Turner from The Fairly OddParents, Raven from Teen Titans, Young Ben Tennyson from Ben 10 and Ben 10: Omniverse, Fat Princess in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Harley Quinn in Batman: Arkham City and Injustice: Gods Among Us and Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- She and Prism Break are the only Skylanders with Crystal Attacks. Ironically, they are both from the Earth element and can destroy Purple Tzo Crystals.
- Her catchphrase "Blinded by the Light" is also a song by Bruce Springsteen.
- She, Prism Break, Crusher, and Whirlwind are the only Skylanders who can break Tzo Crystals with their attacks.
- Flashwing is the only dragon Skylander who first appeared in Giants.
- Flashwing and Hot Dog are the only four legged Skylanders who first appeared in Giants.
- She and Drobot are the only Skylanders who use their wings to attack.
- In some of her upgrade pictures, her wings have crystals going down only about half-way, while in others, her wings are fully coated in crystals.
- Despite having blue eyes in game and on boxart, Flashwing's figure has black eyes.
- Her Reflection Deflection move is a reference to Fox McCloud's Reflector move in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
- Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash - Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo - Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex - Pop Fizz (Punch) - Jet-Vac (Legendary) - Shroomboom - Chill (Legendary) -
Flashwing (Jade) - Sprocket - Fright Rider - Hot Dog (Molten)
Roller Brawl - Countdown