Elemental Gates are obstacles in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. They act as entrances to secret areas within each level. To open a gate, you must have a Skylander of the element on the gate; to open it, walk into the gate and (for example) a bridge or gateway will appear. Gates appear in each level in the game, sometimes hidden.
- ALL of the elements are on the gates throughout the game. For example, there is not only Fire-type gates, and there is not only Air-type gates.
- Opening a gate is simple: just walk inside with a Skylander of the same element as the gate.
- In each gate, you will usually find a Treasure Chest, but you will always find a secret Gift box.
- Gift Boxes contain hats, such as the: Propeller Hat, Viking Helmet, and Birthday Hat.
- Elemtal gates in Skylanders Giants are seen to look different then the gates in Skylanders Spyro's Adventure.