Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Licensed to Drill!"
- —Drill Sergeant's official catchphrase
Drill Sergeant (ドリルサージェント in Japanese) is a bulldozer-like, drilling Arkeyan machine who is one of the playable Skylanders in the Skylanders series, first appearing in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. He is also one of the two known Skylanders who are what remains of the Arkeyans, the other being Chop Chop.
Drill Sergeant was programmed to obey orders, which results in him calling everyone 'sir', which irritates some of his fellow Skylanders. As a valued member of the Skylanders, he is a free machine, answering to no one, but old habits of his Arkeyan programming hasn't yet diminished. Like all Tech Skylanders, Drill Sergeant is fascinated by machinery.
Like many Arkeyan artifacts, Drill Sergeant was buried for centuries—a long forgotten remnant of an ancient powerful civilization. It was only a chance collision with a burrowing Terrafin that led to his systems firing up again. By Arkeyan custom, Drill Sergeant was then obligated to become Terrafin's servant. This didn't sit well with the dirt shark, so his first order as master was for Drill Sergeant to not serve him at all... a command he continues to follow zealously to this day.
Thousands of years ago, Drill Sergeant was created by the ancient Arkeyans to bore through their diamond mines. He eventually became an ancient piece of Arkeyan apparatus like many other related artifacts, left to rust underground. Centuries later, Skylands dirt shark Terrafin was burrowing through the earth when he struck something solid. Terrafin tugged the artifact above ground and dragged it off to show Master Eon. Eon muttered a few magical phrases. There was a clunk, then a whirr, and then... KACHUNK! Drill Sergeant clattered to life with lights blazing and engine revving, Drill Sergeant turned his attention to Terrafin. By Arkeyan law, he was sworn to serve the shark for all eternity.
Terrafin's first order was simple: 'STOP FOLLOWING ME.' But it's one that Drill Sergeant has found tricky to compute. Without an Arkeyan in sight, Drill Sergeant found Skylands a bit senseless. So Eon signed him up, and his drills are now used for death blows against evil.
Skylanders: Spyro versus The Mega Monsters
Drill Sergeant was one of the Skylanders who was in a training session with Spyro, Trigger Happy, and Jet-Vac at Eon's Citadel, but the training ended with Drill Sergeant and Trigger Happy being singed by Spyro's stray blast of fire. The Arkeyan bulldozer was later sent to the Giggling Forest to deal with two, mega-sized Sheep that was eating up the leaves of the trees. Before he could land a hit on the sheep, Kaos arrived after claiming he was renouncing his evil ways to battle evildoers, and used his magic staff to banish the sheep.
The Arkeyan bulldozer soon went with Spyro and Jet-Vac to the Desert of Columns to save Diggs from a mega-sized, yet familiar troll, only for Kaos to save the day again. Drill Sergeant later accompanied the other Skylanders with the Warrior Librarians of the Eternal Archives to stop Kaos from reaching the archive that contained a dangerous book he was after, and succeeded.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Like all of the other Skylanders, Drill Sergeant was banished to Earth by Kaos. While in frozen toy form, his first thoughts must have been "Oh no! Not again!". After spending thousands of years with his "off" button pressed and unable to move, being frozen in space must have been Drill Sergeant's worst nightmare. Just as those drills had begun to roll, like in the good old days, they were forced to cease once again.
Spyro the Dragon
Unknown to Drill Sergeant, Spyro hates it when the Arkeyan bulldozer calls him 'sir', but the young dragon values him as a fellow comrade.
Stealth Elf is an ally to Drill Sergeant. However, his original programming causes Drill Sergeant to repeatedly call the elf Skylander 'sir', which greatly irritates Stealth Elf.
Drill Sergeant can shoot his drills out like rockets and can also jab his enemies with them while charging at full speed. The rapid firing cannon on his back targets enemies automatically regardless of the direction Drill Sergeant is facing.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 290 (max. 580)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 12 (max. 82)
- Critical Hit: 30 (max. 80)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 80
- Agility: 60
- Defense: 80
- Luck: 30
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
Drill Sergeant can destroy rock formations with his drill rocket and bulldoze charge attacks.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Drill Rocket||Bulldoze Charge||Arkeyan Armor|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|A Speedy Recovery||Dozer Endurance||Power Charge||Auto-Blaster|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Drill Rocket attack.
|A View to Drill||DX3000-Drill Detonator||MIRV Drill Rockets|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your Charge and Auto-Blaster attacks.
|Speed Dozer Boost||Hail Storm||Mega Dozer|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Drillblaster (Primary Attack): Drill Sergeant launches one of his drills.
- Pulse Cannon (Secondary Attack): Drill Sergeant's pulse cannon shoots at nearby enemies. It will slow down if fired too often.
- Drillbeat (requires level: 4): When close to an enemy, Drill Sergeant can pummel them quickly with his drills.
- Stun Shot (requires level: 7): Pulse cannon will sometimes shoot a blue pulse that stuns enemies.
- Spin Up (requires level: 9): Sprint into enemies with drills to make them larger. Attack with the larger drills to deal extra damage.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Make the turret shoot like a machine gun.
Launch a projectile that explodes like a bomb.
Create a time bomb and leave it on the ground.
- "Licensed to Drill!"
- "Stats are my favorite!" - When checking Stats Info
- "Numbers are fun!" - When checking Stats Info
- "This is acceptable!" - When putting on a hat
- "A hat, how fun!" - When putting on a hat
- "Interesting choice." - When given a nickname
- "I like it!" - When given a nickname
Skylanders: Spyro versus The Mega Monsters
- "I was revving up for a power charge, ready to send the first mountain of mutton flying into next week, when he arrived."
- "Bop-bo-bop. Much worse. It was a towering troll, sir."
- "Beep. Sorry, sir. Not at all, sir. My mistake, sir." when apologizing to Stealth Elf after calling her 'sir'.
- "Oops! My bad, sir. My bad!"
- Drill Sergeant is also the name of a military status for soldiers.
- His catchphrase 'Licensed To Drill' is a pun on a F.B.I agents' "Licenced To Kill".
- Drill Sergeant has a few similarities with Megalon from the Godzilla franchise. Both have drills, armor, and a range weapon on their foreheads.
- Drill Sergeant also has a few similarities to Grounder from Sonic 2 and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Both are robots, have drills for hands and wheels for legs.
- He and Terrafin are two of the five Skylanders who interacted with one another in biographies; the other seven being Spyro and Lightning Rod, Spyro and Cynder, Gill Grunt and Hot Dog, and Bash and Flashwing.
- Drill Sergeant shares a few similarities with the Mega Man 4 boss Drill Man, both primary attacks consist of exploding drill rocket projectiles.
- Drill Sergeant, Bouncer and Magna Charge are the only Tech Skylanders so far to be completely robotic.
- The Walmart Exclusive red version starts out at Level 5 and with 2100 coins.
- Even though Drill Sergeant isn't from the Earth element, he's capable of breaking the stone blocks in Molekin Mine and Lava Lakes Railway with his homing rockets.
- His Series 2 figure is based on A View to Drill from his Battledozer path, and his Wow Pow Futurecannon!.
- Drill Sergeant, Prism Break, Stump Smash, Eruptor and Countdown are currently the only bipedal skylanders who don't have hands.
- Sheep tend to like Drill Sergeant and go close to him (except on the Xbox 360 version of Spyro's Adventure).
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex