In Spyro: Attack of the Rynocs, Dragon Shores is shown to be geographically connected to several other realms not inhabited by dragons.
Dragon Shores receives the most focus in its debut appearance. At the start of this game, Spyro and Sparx attempt to go to the theme park, but their portal is intercepted by the Professor, Elora, and Hunter. The focus of the game is to defeat Ripto so that Spyro can go to the park for a vacation.
After Ripto is defeated, the Super Portal can take Spyro to Dragon Shores. However, to get into the park, the player must have 8,000 gems and 55 orbs . Once inside, there are various minigames which give Spyro tokens upon completion:
- One game consists of a gnorc tossing softballs on the ground, which Spyro can pick up in his mouth. The game consists of Spyro using these unlimited softballs to hit the target, which will make a character (a yeti, an Earthshaper, or the Master Chef) sitting in the chamber fall into the water below.
- Another is not a game but a short ride through a "tunnel of love." Spyro will hop onto a boat alone, then after 3-5 other boats past (all with 2-3 characters on them, comically unusual romantic pairs of Avalar residents), he will emerge from the other side paired with a partner of his own.
- The third game consists of three rounds of Spyro using a temporary super-flame power up to shoot targets. One round is simply flat-looking duck targets moving in circles, but the last two rounds contain enemies from the game. One resembles whack-a-mole, only with Scarlet Lizards. The other uses Water Workers.
- The last game is a roller coaster that Spyro can ride along, similar to the trolley from Breeze Harbor. The first round consists of Spyro going through a linear path while avoiding obstacles and popping balloons. The other rounds add side paths and a cannon used to pop faraway balloons.
Once all ten tokens have been collected, a theater is unlocked, where the game's cutscenes can be viewed. Once Spyro has visited this area, the cutscenes also become available to view in the Guidebook.
In this game, Dragon Shores acts as the central homeworld. Spyro and Sparx are teleported here by Ripto at the start of the game. This portion of Dragon Shores is a beach area connected to several other realms. The dragon NPCs here give Spyro quests to locate missing dragon hatchlings and give them action figures to amuse them in exchange for the Heart of Dragon Shores.
Dragon Shores is the starting point in Spyro: Shadow Legacy. This game shows off a previously unseen area containing a hotel, various tent-like houses, several dragon NPCs, some natives and some tourists, and a large fountain statue of the Great Sea Dragon. The beach is inhabited by older, native dragons who express annoyance at the presence of tourists and contains a hotel run by Artigan.
As their vacation comes to a close, Spyro's friends prepare to return home on Skipper's ship. After Bianca took one last look at the sea, she heads off to the ship, where she joins up with Hunter and Blink. After a final joke about school and magic, as well as Bianca's time with the Sorceress, the trio say their goodbyes to Spyro as they returned to their homes.
Artigan tried to cheer up Spyro, who was sad to see his friends leave for a whole year. Spyro then proceeded to sleep on the beach, when suddenly, dark clouds gathered over the realms. A dark lightning bolt nearly hit Spyro, waking him up. Soon, a wave of dark magic pushed everyone into the Shadow Realm.Spyro found himself confronted by some mysterious fiends, and soon Elder Tomas spoke with him using telepathy and guided Spyro to the portal outside the Dragon Village to the Dragon Dojo.
After rescuing the inhabitants from the Shadow Realm, Spyro is tasked with retrieving the missing talisman for the Sea Dragon fountain.
In one of the books read in the game, it is said the legend that the Dragon Realms was discovered by the Great Sea Dragon, who swam from the ancient homeland with her babies on her back. Tired from the swim, she passed away on Dragon Shores, right where the fountain currently stands. The Great Sea Dragon wore the fountain talisman around her neck, the magic from this talisman powers the local fountain's jets.
- In Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Bentley asked Spyro what he planned to do after defeating the Sorceress and suggested he take a vacation at Dragon Shores.
- The portal to Dragon Shores does indeed also appear in the cutscenes. However it appears inactive.
- Dragon Shores is the only level where the name of the homeworld actually appears on its exit portal.
- When going to the shooting gallery for the first time, when choosing whether to play or not, "No" is misspelled as "Gno." This is a reference to how all Gnorc names are spelled with "gn" instead of "n"
- Dragon Shores is the only bonus world that does not require the player to reach 100% to access it. The player only needs 80% of the Gems and about 86% of the orbs to unlock it. However, the player does need 100% to unlock the permanent Superflame.
- The realm itself seems to be heavily based on the first installment, due to the fact it is hosted by Gnorcs, there are statues of both an Artisans Dragon and a Magic Crafters Dragon, its architecture is similar to Dream Weavers and has the exact same skyline as Dream Weavers as well.
- Despite this, the portal leading to Dragon Shores is not located in the Dream Weavers homeworld, but instead from the unexplored Dragon Realms area seen in the second and third games.
- The portal back to the Dragon Realms is never shown. This portal was likely originally the one leading to Winter Tundra, but due to the Professor's efforts it was cut short.
- This is the only bonus world with no gems
- The background on the portal back to Winter Tundra is different from the actual level.
- The background in this realm is an edited version of the Dream Weavers' sky background from Spyro the Dragon.
- If you beat Ripto's Rage! and enter the Superflame power-up at the end of Dragon Shores then save and quit and create a new save file, the new file will have Superflame at the start of the game.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly - Hunter the Cheetah|
Bianca the Rabbit - Blink the Mole - Tomas
Red - Ice Minion - Fire Minion
|Adama - Akello - Amp - Aqua - Artigan - Astor - Bandit - Bears - Bonebuilders - Brigid - Bruno - Cho-Lei|
Dirt - Dragons - Ember - Fairies - Flame - Fonsworthy - Fransisco - Glug - Gronk - Hunter the Cheetah
Isabel - Kasi - Laird - Longorin - Lucia - Lumpy - Magnus - Midian - Moles - Moneybags - Mr. Funderlic - Mrs. Funderlic
Neema - Ooga - Pablo - Panthanitis - Pastemolle - Professor - Pullosin -Rabbits - Sensei - Sis - Skipper - Sofia
Teresa - Titan - Trina - Willard - Wizards - Zoe
Dragon Shores - Dragon Dojo - Dragon Village - Wizard Peak - Bear Forest - Cliff Town
Savannah - Tree Tops - Skelos Badlands
Lost Fleet - Moleville
|Dragon Kata - Shadow Realm - Gems - Eggs - Magic - Shadowstone - Relics|