Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Boom Shock-A-Laka!"
- —Double Trouble's official catchphrase
His purple variant Series 2 counterpart, Royal Double Trouble, is an exclusive figure to the Moblie iOS Starter Pack for Skylanders: Battlegrounds if you buy it from GameStop. Other stores carry a regular Series 2 Double Trouble in a Series 1 Pose.
Double Trouble was an adept spellcaster. On an expedition to find exotic ingredients for his potions, he traveled in search of a rare lily that was said to multiply the power of any spell. So thrilled was he when he found it, Double Trouble instantly ate the plant and performed a spell. Suddenly, there was a loud pop… then another… and another – until Double Trouble was surrounded by exact copies of himself. As it turned out, he had misunderstood the details about exactly what would multiply. But it didn’t matter, for he quickly realized the clones were delightful companions… never mind that they were only half his size and would explode on contact.
Double Trouble once lived all on his lonesome in a tropical Skylands rainforest. Here, he foraged for rare roots and exotic plants for his potions. During one such forage, the solitary sorcerer discovered the Whispering Water Lily, a wondrous plant said to multiply the strength of any spell. Straight away, he tried it out. He greedily gobbled the lily down, and then... Belch! Gurgle! Pop! Three tiny copies of himself appeared from nowehere. It seemed that he had silightly misunderstood the lily's powers. Luckily, his clones were charming, clever and cute - and he could certainly do with companionship. There was just one drawback: the clones had an annoying tendency to explode on contact. Still, they turned out to be exactly what Master Eon was for, so the hallowed one wasted no time in making Double Trouble a Skylander.
Skylanders: Lightning Rod Faces the Cyclops Queen
Double Trouble was on board Flynn's balloon with Hugo, and Warrior Librarian, Squirmgrub on their way to the Storm Titan Games to inform Master Eon of the location of the next segment to the Mask of Power. However Lightning Rod's stray hammer crashed into the air balloon, causing it to spiral out of control. The passengers were saved from the crash by Drobot, and Hugo afterwards informed Eon of the next fragment to the Mask of Power.Despite not being able to communicate with the other characters, Master Eon and Pop Fizz are both able to understand what Double Trouble is saying. The shaman was sent to Tempest Towers with Lightning Rod, Drobot, Pop Fizz, Cali, and Flynn to retrieve the Air fragment that was believed to be a Land Whale. Along the way, Double Trouble's clone managed to sneak on board Kaos's Drow zeppelin after the evil Portal Master captured Cali for the path to Tempest Towers. It is revealed the shaman can see through the eyes of his doubles. Once the Skylanders managed to get to Tempest Towers before Kaos, Double Trouble and Flynn were left outside the city wall to keep an eye out for Kaos.
While Kaos attempted to enter the Cyclops city, Double Trouble and Flynn snuck on aboard the Drow zeppelin to rescue Cali just before the evil Portal Master and his army of Drow engaged in an all-out battle with the Cyclops Queen and her army. With Flynn's help, Double Trouble and Cali took control over Kaos's Drow zeppelin to use as a way to get off the island, while Kaos and his Drow forces pursued the escaped Land Whale on foot. It was soon revealed that the Air segment wasn't the Land Whale, but one of the city's towers as it is made from the heaviest stone in Skylands, the opposite of the Air element. The Skylanders were able to carry the tower back to the Eternal Archive thanks to a supersized Lightning Rod, and celebrated their victory. However they were unaware that they was a traitor in their mist, revealing the locations of the fragment to the Mask of Power to Kaos.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
There are three things that would ave been running through Double Trouble's mind during his frozen state: Magic, Magic, and Magic! That's right! This masked, magical guru has spent so log thinking about the subject that he's hardly ever made a friend in his life. Aww!
Double Trouble has the ability to cast spells from his staff and summon magic to rain down from the sky. He can also summon mindless doubles of himself that seek out enemies and explode.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 250 (max. 500)
- Speed: 35 (max. 83)
- Armor: 18 (max. 48)
- Critical Hit: 50 (max. 100)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 75
- Agility: 30
- Defense: 50
- Luck: 90
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Lair of Kaos
|Eldedritch Beam||Conjure Exploding Double||Waterwalker|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Arcane Eldritch Beam||Conjure Unstable Double||Summon Magic Bomb||Advanced Construct Techniques|
This upgrade path lets Double Trouble further develop his Eldritch Beam and Magic Bombs.
|Extended Eldritch Beam||Magical Cataclysm||Magic Armageddon|
This upgrade path lets Double Trouble further develop his skills with Exploding Doubles.
|Imbue Construct||Rocket Powered Doubles||Spirit Construct|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Lightning Staff (Primary Attack): Double Trouble casts a electric bolt from his staff. He can move while casting.
- Double Up (Secondary Attack): Conjure a double. They will first appear as energy orbs that damage enemies. Then, they will transform into tiny projections of Double Trouble, seek our nearby enemies, and explode on contact.
- Frigidouble (requires level: 3): When doubles are conjured, every other double will be enchanted with the power of ice stunning enemies when they explode.
- Bolt Burst (requires level: 6): When Double Trouble begins casting his electric bolt (y) a burst of energy will strike the ground where the bolt hits, damaging nearby enemies.The burst takes a few seconds to recharge.
- Double Double (requires level: 9): Hold (x) and then release to conjure a double-sized double that deals more damage.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Create a vortex that pulls enemies in.
Launch a projectile that creates a magic area that disintegrates blocks.
Create a vortex that pulls enemies in and inflicts damage.
- "Boom Shock-a-laka!"
- "Booga ooga!"
- Ooga booga booga boo!"
- "Ooga booga lookin' gooda!"
- "Ooga booga looks goodooga!"
- "Ooga booga oh yeah!"
- "Oogaba booga, oogaba booga, oogaba booga, oogaba booga, oogaba go!"
- "Ooga booga booga!"
- "Ha ooga good!"
- "Booga alright!" - checking stats
- "Ooga? Ok booga!" - given a nickname
- "Ooga booga like it!" - given a nickname
- "Ooga booga up!" - using a bounce pad
- "Booga!" - using a bounce pad
- "Booga boo!" - using a bounce pad
- "Ooga treasure." - opening a treasure chest
- "Ooga ooga riches." - opening a treasure chest
- "Open booga." - opening a door
- "Ooga ooga comin' througa!" - opening a door
- He has a mask that looks similar to Uka-Uka and Aku-Aku from the Crash Bandicoot series.
- Due to him wearing a tiki on his face, what Double Trouble's face actually looks like is unknown.
- Although he is wearing a tiki on his face, the eyes on his tiki actully blink. This may mean that the eyes on his tiki mask may be his real eyes. The mouth on his mask also moves, which makes some wonder if it is his real face.
- The feathers around his mask are also his, as there are many smaller feathers on the back and sides of his head.
- In toy form, he carries his staff with his left hand. As opposed to in gameplay, his staff is carried in his right hand.
- Master Eon and Pop Fizz are few of the characters who completely understands Double Trouble's foreign language.
- He seems to be similar to Mumbo Jumbo the Shaman from the Banjo-Kazooie series and the Guru from Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.
- In the console version when sheep are hit by Double Trouble's Eldritch Beam the sheep will change color and if hit again to a different color.
- In the Wii version of Spyro's Adventure and Giants, after a while, Double Trouble will randomly mumble words to himself. If an Exploding Double is out, they will repeat, but it is in a higher pitch tone.
- Double Trouble is one of three Skylanders who can fly without the use of wings or jetpacks, the others being Warnado and Hex.
- He is also one of two Skylanders whose Soul Gem allows them to move over water, the other being Stump Smash.
- His catchphrase, "Boom Shock-A-Lacka!" is a pun on Marv Albert and Tim Kitzrow's NBA Jam catchphrase "Boomshackalacka!" That phrase was also seen in the film Muppet Treasure Island and Robot Chicken.
- He is the only Skylander to wear a mask.
- On the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure, his doubles look exactly like him; the same eyes, torso and arms, while the console version doubles don't have the same eyes and torso and don't have arms.
- As a Series 2 figure, Double Trouble has a new magic staff from his basic upgrade and a little exploding clone by his side.
- In the iOS Starter Pack, he returns to his Series 1 pose while he is a Series 2 figure at the same time.
- He is the only Skylander to say gibberish lines in Giants, though he still says normal words when you check his stats or upgrade him.
- When he looks up for his winning sprite in Giants, there is nothing under his mask.
- His Series 2 figure looks just like Sonic Boom, but similar.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex