Dino Mines is a realm in Spyro: Year of the Dragon and in the Reignited Trilogy remaster of the third game. It can be accessed in the Midnight Mountain homeworld after the player collects 80 Dragon Eggs.
The realm is based on the old American West. The sheriff of the town, Wyatt, was captured by the Bailey Gang and locked him in his own jail cell. When Spyro arrives, Sheriff Wyatt asks him to take the gang out.
There are green and blue T-Rexes that shoot dual-wield guns and throw TNT, respectively, as well as blue dinosaurs that shoot Gattling Guns along with seahorses that shoot revolvers underwater.
After defeating the gang, Spyro charges a broken wall to find Sheriff Wyatt in his cell, who now realizes why his suspects keep escaping. He gives Spyro an egg as a reward, and later comments after the baby dragon hatches as being "the cutest little dinosaur I ever did see!"
After Agent 9 is released, he goes to another part of the town to help Deputy Roy eliminate more members of the Bailey Gang, who have overrun the place. After clearing them out, Deputy Roy gives Agent 9 an egg that the gang was guarding, and further claims that it's "not like them at all!", hinting that the gang were actually working for the Sorceress.
In the Epilogue, it is revealed that Deputy Holiday has captured the thieves (called the "Nyaah Nyaah" Gang in the game), and locked them in the cell, with the thieves looking very mad at him. Also, it is revealed that the Bailey Gang has targeted Moneybags and is shown trying to steal his gems.
- Dan (Behind a building at the beginning of the realm)
- Romey (In a cave, while under the water)
- Kiki (Rescue Sheriff Wyatt)
- Elliot (Reach the end of the flooded tunnel)
- Sharon (As Agent 9; Defeat the Bailey Gang by shooting all the dinosaurs)
- Sergio (As Agent 9; in one of the buildings after defeating the Bailey Gang)
- Hit the Secret Dino: Near the end of the fight with the Bailey Gang (as Agent 9), a dark-green and red colored T-Rex will appear behind three normal green T-Rexes. Shooting it earns a skill point. Players often use it as a way to heal Sparx should his health be low.
- Kill All Seahorses: Hit all the Seahorses in the flooded mine. This may take a few tries, but once a seahorse is hit, he won't reappear, but will still count as a hit should you have to start again. Said to be one of the hardest skill points in the game.
|Dino Mines - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- In the PAL and non-Greatest Hits versions of the game, this realm shares its theme with Molten Crater.
- Using the "Swim in the Air" glitch, you can access an empty arena via a hidden challenge portal. It is not entirely known why it was created, but it is speculated that Spyro was to fight the Bailey Gang here.
- Early versions of the game refer to an egg called "The Bailey Gang's Last Stand", which probably would have been used here. This egg was later replaced with "Take It to the Bank".
- It was likely cut due to there already being a challenge portal where Agent 9 fights the gang.
- This realm was originally called Dry Gulch.
- The person in the WANTED posters around the realm is Dan Johnson, an Insomniac employee famous for his in-game cameo appearances, especially in the Ratchet & Clank series.
- Additionally, one of the dragons found in this realm is named Dan.
- This realm has the same background as Magma Cone from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!.
- It is one of two realms in the game to not have any Rhynocs as enemies. The other is Crystal Islands.
- The fodder in this realm make a similar noise, upon defeating them, to the Horned Rabbits from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!.
- The Rabbits in this realm bear a striking facial resemblance to Chuck Norris, who is best known for his role as Walker Texas Ranger. Considering that Dino Mines is a western / cowboy themed level, this may be a coincidence.