|Native Species:|| Rabbits |
|Appearances:||Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
Dino Mines is a realm in Midnight Mountain which only appeared in Spyro: Year of the Dragon. It is based on the old west from over 200 years ago. Filled with Dinosaurs as the title suggests, you'll need to take them down in this western style town, and help the sheriff reclaim it. Agent 9 will also be there to help out.
In the Epilogue, it is revealed that Deputy Holiday has captured the thieves (called the "Nyaah Nyaah" Gang in the game), and locked them in the cell, with the thieves looking very mad at him. Also, it is revealed that the Bailey Gang has targeted Moneybags and is shown trying to steal his gems.
- Dan (Behind a building)
- Romey (In a cave, while under the water)
- Kiki (Rescue Wyatt)
- Elliot (Reach the end of the flooded tunnel)
- Sharon (As Agent 9; Defeat the Bailey Gang by shooting all the Dinos)
- Sergio (As Agent 9; in one of the buildings)
- Hit the Secret Dino: Near the end of the fight with the Bailey Gang (as Agent 9), a different colored T-Rex will appear behind three green T-Rexes. Shooting it earns a skill point. Fans often use it as a way to heal Sparx should his health be low.
- Kill All Seahorses: Hit all the Seahorses in the flooded mine. This may take a few tries, but once a seahorse is hit, he won't reappear, but will still count as a hit should you have to start again. Said to be one of the hardest skill points in the game.
- TNT-Rex (Throws a TNT)
- Gun-Toting T-Rex (Shoots with 2 guns)
- Turret Triceratops (Rides a machine gun turret)
- Moneybags (Epilogue only)
- Thieves (Epilogue only)
|Dino Mines - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- In the PAL and non-Greatest Hits versions of the game, Dino Mines shares it's theme with Molten Crater.
- Using the "swimming in the air" glitch, you can access an empty arena. It is unknown why it was created, but some think that a Bailey gang boss was supposed to be here, but the creators decided to remove it, but left the arena here.
- This may be linked to why Insomniac Games President Ted Price mentioned Spyro not having hands and unable to hold a gun and why there is an Agent 9 shooting challenge. The arena was probably meant for Spyro to fight the Bailey gang with a gun or weapon of some sort, but then creators realized Spyro couldn't do, so they must've scrapped the idea and instead made an Agent 9 mini-game similar.
- The person in the WANTED posters around the realm is Dan Johnson, an Insomniac employee famous for his in-game camero appearance, especially in the Ratchet & Clank series.
- Additionally, one of the dragons found in this world is named Dan.