- "Come 'Rang or Shine!"
- —Dino-Rang's official catchphrase
Unlike most unruly dinosaurs, Dino-Rang has a calm and collected demeanor. However, if anyone calls him a dragon by mistake, Dino-Rang will lose his cool, resulting in a furious display of whirling boomerangs.
For years, Dino-Rang trained to use the weapons of his tribe – earthen boomerangs. His people were skilled hunters in a world far away from the realm of Skylands. As he slept one night, a freak portal suddenly opened beneath him. Unsure of how or why he arrived in Skylands, Dino-Rang set out to explore the world that was suddenly his new home. Eventually becoming a Skylander, he now fights with his own brand of dino-justice, while seeking out the fabled Twin Diamond Boomerangs, which he believes could hold the clues and unlock the key to his origins and greater destiny.
Dino-Rang came from a tribe of skilled hunting dinosaurs from a faraway world. There, he had been the first to twirl the legendary twin boomerangs and was top of his tribe. But his fortunes changed one night when a portal popped open beneath his bed and sucked him into a strange Skylands temple. He was surrounded by sinister wizards, whose spell had gone askew. Dino-Rang broke out his boomerangs and, before the wizards could say 'boo' (or even 'bo'), they were blasted to the remote Outlands. Threat averted, he began searching for the fabled Twin Diamond Boomerangs which he hoped could take him home. He is yet to find them, but he did find Master Eon - who promptly made him a Skylander.
Dino-Rang uses his earthen boomerangs to attack his opponents and also uses them as a moving shield. He can also summon pillars of earth in the form of fists to blast away his foes.
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Dark Water Cove
|Stone Boomerangs||Boomerang Shield||Sticky Boomerangs|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Basalt Boomerangs||Boomerang Finesse||Stonefist Traps||Dervish Shield|
Grand Boomerang Master
This upgrade path lets Dino-Rang further develop his Boomerang attacks.
|Volcanic Glass Boomerangs||Dancing Boomerangs||It's All In The Wrist|
This upgrade path lets Dino-Rang further develop his defensive traps and abilities.
|Quad Stonefist Trap||Obsidian Armor||Fist Trap Funeral|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Boomerang Barrage (Primary Attack): Throw boomerangs, and a third toss in a comba will hurl two boomerangs at once.
- Buzzarang (Secondary Attack): Throw a large Buzzarang that spins in place and it will damage nearby enemies it touches.
- Buzzback (requires level: 3): Hold (X) when recalling a Buzzarang (X) to make the Buzzarang spin faster and deal more damage before returning.
- Boomerang Boost (requires level: 6): Hold (Y) Before throwing a boomerang to charge it with special power. Charging Dino-Rang's first throw will release a Stun Boomerang. his second will release a high-damage Power Boomerang, and his third will release one of each.
- Spin Cycle (requires level: 9): Roll (A) into enemies to Damage them. Roll into a Buzzarang to attach it to Dino-Rang, damaging nearby enemies while it is connected. Dino-Rang's Double Jump (B) (B) will also damage enemies.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Shake enemies in range and prevent them to shoot for a while.
Launch a projectile that stops in mid-air and drops straight down with great force.
Create an earthquake and inflict damage to enemies in range.
- "Come 'Rang or Shine!"
- "Nothin like a good beat down!"
- "That's right!"
- "Another one bites the 'rang!"
- "No worries!"
- "Maybe next time, eh buddy?"
- "Alright!" - opening a gate
- "Here I go!" - opeing a gate
- "Nice place for a walkabout". - in an elemental area
- "Uppyroo!" - using a bouncepad
- "Doozy!" using a bouncepad
- "Dino-myte!" - leveling up/upgrade
- "What a roo!" - leveling up/upgrade
- "Quite impressive, wouldn't ya say?" - stats screen
- "By golly!" - stats screen
- "Look at me new hat!" - wearing a hat
- "This'll keep the sun out of me eyes". - wearing a hat
- "Thanks, mate!" - being given a nickname
- "Good on ya!" - being given a nickname
- Dino-Rang's Soul Gem ability may be a reference to The Legend of Zelda series where the ability to pick up items with a boomerang has been a staple ability for many years.
- Dino-Rang bears a resemblance to Sonic the Hedgehog's Vector the Crocodile.
- He also has a few similarities towards Godzilla in the millennium series as both are reptilian, colored green and have red stegosaurus plates.
- He also resembles Reptile from Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.
- He shares a few similarities with Bunnymund from Dreamworks' Rise of the Guardians, they both speak in an Australian accent and have boomerangs.
- His voice actor, Thomas Bromhead also voices Bunnymund in the Rise of the Guardians video game.
- He and Jade Flashwing are the only Earth Skylanders with green colour schemes (though Prism Break's Crystals can turn green).
- He resembles a Crocodile and a Stegosaurus.
- Despite not being shown in the picture in the Xbox 360 version, the Obsidian Armor upgrade gives him spiky Shoulder Pads.
- He speaks with an Australian accent.
- His catchphrase is a play on the phrase "Come Rain or Shine".
- He and Warnado are two non-dragon Skylanders who are reptilian.
- ↑ Skylanders Official Sticker Book, page 13
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex