Devil Dogs are found in Dream Weavers in the Dark Passage level. They look like cute little puppies when standing in the light, but in the darkness, become massive scary red dogs and attempt to eat Spyro if he gets too close. They attack by chewing up Spyro and then spitting him back out. The smaller versions can still attack Spyro though by simply biting him. The small versions can be defeated by flame or charge while the larger version can only be defeated by flame. Their large versions behave similarly to the Dragon-Eating Plants of Misty Bog.
Their speed at attacking is fast and highly startling, especially when multiple attack at once.
- Many players consider the Demon Dogs to be some of the scariest enemies within the Spyro series.
- Their death sound when small are different from their death sound when they're large.
- In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, the normal forms of Devil Dogs resemble french bulldogs.
- ↑ Spyro the Dragon Prima's Official Strategy Guide, page 84
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|