|Species:||Dog Reptile Hybrids|
|Homeworld:|| Dragon Temple |
Well of Souls
|Appearances:||The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night|
|Attacks/Actions:|| Charge |
Death Hounds are repto-mammalian enemies that serve as attack dogs for the Apes and only appear in The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.
Hurking from the dungeons of the Mountain of Malefor, these foul, attack beasts are well-trained and disciplined to attack on command. Despite their stupid looking disposition, the Death Hounds are well-trained and adhere only to the iron will of their Master; Gaul. They are brutes bred and built for one thing...Dragon snaring. They also have gaping maws that can stretch to an enormous size, ideal for biting dragon-sized prey.
Death Hounds attack with incredible speed, especially if their enemies are at a certain distance from them. They will rear up first to perform a fast tackle, giving Spyro the chance to jump and evade this attack. However, their tackles are much faster at the Mountain of Malefor, so Spyro will have to react quickly to avoid them or foil their tactics (Spyro's Dragon Time abilty will definitely come in handy against these enemies).
If Spyro is too close to them, they will slash at him with their sharp claws or bite at him with their fangs.
- One breed of Death Hound are seen under the command of the Apes during the raid on the Dragon Temple, as they wear brown hoods and cloaks like their masters (though the color of the masks and cloaks the Apes wear at the temple are gray).
- Another breed of the Hound are wild and reside in the Ancient Grove, with purple fur, greenish skin and glowing pinkish eyes, where they have nothing to do with the Apes.
- The third kind of Death Hound reside in the Mountain of Malefor, equipped with harnesses for their Ape masters to restrain them or have them pull heavy wagons.
- In one of the Dragon Challenges that takes place in Concurrent Skies, another kind of Death Hound appear, but they take on a more whiter color with black skin and blue eyes, than their other counterparts in the game to match the Concurrent Skies atmosphere like the Apes.
- While they are called hounds, the Death Hounds are more of reptile-animal hybrids than just mammals. Besides their fur, they have scaly spots and forked tongues much like lizards. However, they howl to the air and bark in anticipation if Spyro is out of their reach and scratch their ears in idle if he didn't approach them yet, revealing that they do have dog-like characteristics.
|Spyro - Sparx - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Cynder - Gaul - Chronicler|
|Dragon Temple - Dreamscape - Ancient Grove - Grove Underground - Fellmuth Arena - Pirate Fleet - White Isle - Celestial Caves - Well of Souls|
|Ape Soldiers - Ape Leaders - Ape Commanders - Toad Weeds - Spiders - Death Hounds - Dreadwings - Grove Worms - Grove Mites - Grove Beasts - Growths - Skavengers - Skurvywings - Blundertails - Pirate Gunners - Armourdillos - Stone Trolls - Fire Elementals - Elemental Crystal Brutes - Crystal Ball Spiders|
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Convexity|
|Dragons - Apes - Spirit Gems - Scriber's Quills - Dragon Relics - Dragon Challenges|
|The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night Promotional Movies|