|Enemies:|| Clipperz |
|Bosses:||Occulous (console versions)|
|Appearances:|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
|First Release:||Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure|
Darklight Crypt is a spooky level unlocked by using the Darklight Crypt Adventure Pack in the console versions of Skylanders. The Undead Skylander, Ghost Roaster, is included exclusively with this adventure pack.
In Darklight Crypt, the Skylanders have the ability to switch between the Ghost World and the Real World using Spectral Shifting Platforms. In the Real World, monsters, such as Clipperz and Haunted Knights, are harmless, inanimated objects, while in the Ghost World, they come to life and attack. In the Ghost World, the Stump Demons are just normal trees, while in the Real World, they are monsters.
On the Wii version, once this level has been completed, Batterson's pies will appear in other levels. The 3DS version does not appear to have a story behind it.
In the past, the Darklight Crypt had sent hordes of ghosts and zombies to terrorize nearby villages. However, lately, all that changed when the undead no longer seemed hungry for the living. No one knew what caused this sudden change of appetite and didn't know how long it will last.
The Undead were running amok in the Crypt, and it was up to the new Portal Master and the Skylanders to figure out why the Undead were uprising.
Upon arriving, the Skylander met with a Molekin chef named Batterson who told the Skylander of the previous events of the Undead having stopped eating the brains of the living and started eating the Molekin's pies. However, they recently stopped buying pies and began causing an uprising. He then showed the Skylander the differences between the real world and Ghost World using the Spectral Shifting Platforms. Afterwards, Batterson explained that the bank will take away his business if he doesn't get any sales soon, and tasked the Skylanders to find out why the Undead had stopped buying pies.
When they entered the Crypt, the Skylander was greeted by a giant eyeball monster named Occulous, who is surprised to see a non-ghost in the Ghost World. Reaching the Haunted Village where the Undead reside, the Skylander encountered a ghost named Gallant, who told the Skylander about Occulous's true nature. The eyeball monster came to the village and outlawed all pies from the village, proceeding to force the Undead to do bad things to the Living against their will. The Skylander then agreed to help rid of the Haunted Village of Occulous' rule and navigated through the monster's maze to reach him.
With the help of Gallant, the Skylanders defeated Occulous, allowing the Undead to finally eat pies again and saving Batterson's business.
The Darklight Crypt is home to several regions.
Batterson's Pie Shop (Console)
The Dark Labyrinth
- The starting area of the chapter.
Haunted Village (Console)
- Home of many of the undead.
Hedge Maze (Console)
Beyond the Maze
- A large hedge maze with several creepy puzzles.
The Necropolis (Console)
- A PvP arena that is unlocked when the figure is first placed on the Portal of Power.
- Wighthaunt is a level exclusive to the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure.
Toy Figure Items
The adventure pack comes with three toy figure items. To use an item, simply place it on the Portal of Power in the same way you would a Skylander. Only one item can be active at the same time.
- Darklight Crypt
- When used in the Ruins, the crypt grants acces to the Darklight Crypt chapter.
- When used during a chapter, the crypt unleashes a swarm of ghosts at everything on the screen. It deals 999 damage to all enemies and can only be used once per chapter.
- Healing Elixir
- "Your wounds heal over time."
- The elixir restores health to all Skylanders currently on the portal. The amount of healing given is 450, in bursts of 30 per second. It can only be used once per chapter, but it can be removed to save part of its healing for later during the chapter.
- Time Twist Hourglass
- "Time slows for your enemies."
- The hourglass slows time for everything but the Skylander. It can only be used once per chapter.
- Darklight Crypt
- When used in the Sanctuary, the gate that leads to the Darklight Crypt is opened.
- Healing Elixir
- The Healing Elixir will restore and regenerate your Skylanders' health while the magic is active. Press R to spend 10 Radiance and use the Healing Elixir.
- Time Twister
- The Time Twister will paralyze nearby enemies. Press R to spend 10 Radiance and use the Time Twister.
- When used, the items are added to the collection. Apart from unlocking a 200 gold reward trophy, they don't do anything special.
- Darklight Crypt shares some elements from Spyro: Shadow Legacy between the Shadow Realm and the real world. Switching between the Ghost World and the Real World to get past certain obstacles are a possible reference to the ability to switch between the Shadow Realm and the Real World in Shadow Legacy.
- In the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions of the game, when you pick up the title of the story scroll found in this level it is mispelt as 'Draklight Crypt'.
- The toy form of the Darklight Crypt is the only Adventure pack-Stage toy that doesn't have water in it.
- For some reason, in the Xbox 360, PS3 and the PC versions, the hidden treasure item does not work well. Even if you do reach the treasure, the treasure cannot be accessed.
- The Chef Hat unlocked in this level is a reference to Batterson being a baker that wears it.