Dark Hollow is a mysterious and dreamy realm, set late at night under a starry, deep-colored sky with clouds on the horizon illuminated softly by a rising moon. It has some stone structures similar in appearance to Stone Hill. The realm is characterized by hopping, croaking frogs, grassy stone platforms, steps, and lanterns emitting a warm glow.
There is a checkered-floor tunnel hidden underground, which is patrolled by Gnorc Sentries. It leads to a round, stone room with platforms and a pool of murky, indigo water illuminated from beneath. The key to the Locked Chest from the central platform is in this room.
- Alban - Found in the area where Spyro must fly from the central platform at the start of the level.
- Oswin - Found down a cave with a key.
- Darius - Found in the area with the vortex-portal.
- This level has a similar background to Fracture Hills in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!.
- The opening scene in the game is set in this level, however during a rare day-time. Even though Lateef, Revilo and Astor and Lindar are frozen in crystal within this level, they are however found/freed Dream Weavers, Jacques and Stone Hill respectively.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|