The Crystal Islands is a world located in Midnight Mountain from Spyro: Year of the Dragon. The magicians there have stolen some magic from the Sorceress to use for themselves. Unfortunately for them, the magic spells went awry and caused aggravation for the native creatures there along with their environment. If you talk to the wizards after defeating the enemies around them, they will cast magic spells (for a short time) to get you to a new part of the map. You also see Moneybags for the first time in a Midnight Mountain world when you must pay him for expanding the bridge out with his 'magic' of gems.
- A Slip and Slide of Doom!
- Bentley's Whack-a-Mole challenge.
|Crystal Islands (Part 1) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon||Crystal Islands (Part 2) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- This realm's appearance could be based on Night Flight and possibly Crystal Flight from Spyro the Dragon. The general theme of the realm with crystals are quite similar. In addition, the panoramic background of this realm looks like a re-colored version of the background from Night Flight.
- In the PAL and non-Greatest Hits versions of the game, Crystal Islands shares it's theme with Seashell Shore.
- If you say no to Moneybags offer for the bridge, he says he'll turn you into a blue hedgehog. This is a reference to the Sega character Sonic the Hedgehog.
- If you manage to use the Swim-in-the-Air glitch the reach the slide, then exit, without getting the egg that will activate the portal, the screen will be black, and you cannot pause, though you'll still have normal control of the game. After obtaining the egg, just fall off the cliff and the screen will return to normal.