The Crystal Glacier is an icy world in Autumn Plains in Avalar. The realm is inhabited by arctic versions of the cavemen from Skelos Badlands (known as Icebuilders), and are ruled by an elder named Chief Shaman Tuk. They had tickets for tonight's Hockey game at Colossus, but the Ice Wizards had frozen them and captured their Elder. Spyro later unfroze them with his Flame Breath, after which they lead Spyro to the Elder and rescued him.
The scene opens showing Chief Shaman Tuk being taken captive by the Ice Wizards and imprisoned. Two Eskimos see this and plan to free him. They go to the side of the prison, and plan to free him from the top. One of the Eskimos gets on the other, and jumps up to the top. Unfortunately, an Ice Wizard at the top, sees the Eskimo, and throws a snowball at him, freezing him solid. The frozen Eskimo then lands atop his partner, not moving.
Three Eskimos are atop the prison, and one of them places a flag down, showing their insignia. He backs up a little too far, and falls down into the snow. One of them laughs at the fallen Eskimo, until the other pushes him off the building, into the snow. The final one, then jumps into the snow, as well. They are all seen with their heads buried in the snow, yelping for help. Chief Shaman Tuk, who witnessed the falls, shakes his head in embarrassment.
Intro and Closing Video
- Shaman Tik informs Spyro about a large cave in Crystal Glacier, which they used to give guided tours, has become infested with giant, ferocious spiders called Draclets. Use the Superfly power-up to fly through the cave and kill all the Draclets. An Elder will than give you an Orb.
- Shaman Tok has lost his pet snow leopard George. Drop down a hole and Flame fish that come out of ice to get them to the ground for George to eat. After eating 3 or 4 fish George will be tamed and will follow you. Lead him to his master.
- Crystal Glacier is paired with Skelos Badlands. An early name for the realm, found in the code for the demo, was "Skelos Glaciers."
- The first Icebuilder that is freed refers to Colossus as "Colossus Valley."
- The music in the cutscenes is different from the stage's actual music.
- The closing scene with the flag being planted might be a reference to the Gnorc planting the sign in the original Spyro the Dragon.
- The flag planting might also be a reference to the planting of the flag on top of Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world.
- After being paid to activate the bridge, Moneybags mentions that he can now purchase a condo in Hurricos that he's wanted for quite some time.
- One could get the impression that the bridge is slightly sentient, as it is seen turning towards Spyro and growling, before connecting to the other side of the gorge.