Colossus (ゼンテンプルZen Temple in Japanese) is a world filled with Monks who have been terrorized by a yeti. The world is filled with large statues that resemble the Monks that reside there. The Monks talk like characters out of a cheesy Karate movie and resemble the workers from Idol Springs. Each time Spyro helps a Monk, the Monk will use his levitating powers to open a new path for him. They also have a passion for Hockey.
Evil Spirit Search
The Professor is being harassed by an evil spirit while studying Colossus. Spyro helped the Professor scare the spirit away by attacking all of the Monk statues that it was hiding inside of. It is possible to tell if a statue is possessed because it will appear green and abnormal when compared to the others. (Difficulty: ★★☆☆☆)
Hockey vs Goalie
The Monks are passionate about Hockey and dare Spyro to score 5 shots at the Red Goal within a time limit of 2 minutes. The player should move Spyro toward the Hockey Puck the Monk throws and Spyro will pick it up in his mouth. Then slide up to the Red Goal and try to spit the Puck past the Goal Keeper 5 times. (Difficulty: ★★☆☆☆)
Hockey One on One
Next, the Monks will challenge Spyro to a one-on-one Hockey game. It's the same rules as before except this time it's one-on-one. The other Hockey player will try to hit the Pucks past the Blue Goal, while trying to keep Spyro from the Red Goal. Simply get a Puck in Spyro's mouth and try to shoot it past the Red Goal like before, while flaming the other Hockey player if he tries to score on the Blue Goal and avoiding him if he tries to tackle Spyro. Finally if the other Hockey player gets the puck flame him and get the puck back in Spyro's possession. (The player can also flame him from the start and get an early lead). Spyro need to have five goals to win. (Difficulty: ★★★☆☆)
The orange monk at the start of the scene waves his hand to two other monks who are carrying a goat, then the camera shows that they have captured a Yeti that has been rampaging in their town. The camera will then show them trying to push the goat down for the Yeti to eat, but after the camera closeup and the sound of the beast eating, you can notice that the second monk is missing and the goat is still there, who does a "baa", then looks at the camera. The Yeti has eaten the second Monk instead of the goat.
Two of the monks try to lift a block of stone. The monk on the stone tried to lift it with his chant, but failed. The other monk then tried, but it still did not work. He tried again, in a softer voice. However, he lifts it too quickly and it hits the roof, crushing the monk on top of it. After realizing that he had squashed his fellow brother, the monk fled the tomb.
Intro and Closing Video
- Colossus is paired with Idol Springs. An early name for the realm, found in the code for the demo, was "Colossus Steppes", and Idol Springs was to be called "Colossus Springs". An Ice Builder in Crystal Glacier refers to Colossus as "Colossus Valley", possibly another early name.
- The monks presumably practice a faith akin to Tibetan Buddhism, as can be inferred from their clothing, the setting of their world, accents, various statues resembling the common image of the Buddha, and the presence of Yaks. (which are native to the Himalayas and Tibet in the real world)
- While Brother Ned said that Spyro should kill the yeti, the dialogue box replaced "kill" with "torch". It's currently unknown why.
- When the PlayStation Network released Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, this realm and Idol Springs failed to upload completely, and the game was taken off the market. This glitch has been fixed, and the game has been re-released ever since.
- This realm's background appears to be a variant of the Artisans realm in Spyro the Dragon, with white hills in the background, possibly snow covered, as well as below the horizon.