A battle between Wizards and Warlocks is taking place here, and Spyro must retrieve the Wizards' wands back from the Warlocks so they can set things right again. There are 23 enemies in this city, of which 21 must be defeated at least in order to get the Ice Breath powerup. Cloud Temples are also inhabited by Trolls.
A stone ram is seen. It suddenly comes to life, and looks around, before turning back to stone again. It comes back to life once more. The camera goes outward and shows a Wizard and a Warlock, controlling the ram. The Wizard is turning the ram to stone, while the Warlock is turning it back alive. This goes back and forth, before the Warlock, who is irritated at the Wizard, waves his wand and makes the Wizard's staff disappear. He laughs at the Wizard, and brings the ram to life, who chases the Wizard off screen. The Warlock laughs again.
The Warlock is seen waving his hands in front of him. The Wizard, now holding his staff, is smirking at the Warlock, who is begging the Wizard not to do what he is about to. The Wizard mocks the Warlock's laughter, and then waves his wand at the Warlock, who disappears. The camera moves down, and shows a ram with purple skin, meaning the Wizard turned the Warlock into a ram. Suddenly, another ram appears and smiles at the purple ram. A heart appears above its head. The purple ram, knowing what the other ram is thinking, turns and flees, off screen. The other ram raises it's eyebrows at the camera, and chases after the purple ram.
Intro and Closing Video
Break down doors
- Defeat the warlocks and rams and meet up with Bartle.
Ring tower bells
- Beat 21 enemies down and Spyro will unlock the ice powerup. He then has to ring three bells by using the ice powerup to freeze burning trolls and jump to the bells.
Agent Zero's secret hideout
- Spyro will meet Agent Zero, who will explain that he has to go to his secret lair and you aren't allowed to go there. Spyro must hide behind trees to fool Agent Zero and get to the secret lair.
|Cloud Temples (Part 1) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!||Cloud Temples (Part 2) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
- Cloud Temples is paired with Mystic Marsh. An early name for the realm, found in the code for the demo, was "Mystic City", and Mystic Marsh was to be called "Mystic Savannah".
- This is the only level in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! to have the Superfreeze Power-up.
- The background in this level is the same as the background in Magma Cone and Canyon Speedway. The only difference is that the volcanoes are not erupting in Cloud Temples.
- At the end of the level, when you speak to Bartle a second time, he will say that in order for Spyro to return to his homeworld, he must recite three words, "Klaatu verata, Ni...," making a reference to the famous line originating from the classic science fiction movie The Day The Earth Stood Still (though modern audiences may be more familiar with its appearance - and Ash Williams' flubbing of it - in the Sam Raimi film Army of Darkness).