Charmed Ridge is a realm in the Evening Lake world, whose portal had broken down, and needed at least 58 eggs to be re-opened.
Year of the Dragon
When Spyro entered Charmed Ridge, a magic kingdom home to Princess Ami and her people the fairies, it was under attack by the Cat Wizards of Felinia (with the mysterious and unmentioned aid of the Rhynocs), led by Prince Azrael, who wants to make the fairy princess his bride. So Liz, one of the inhabitants of Charmed Ridge plead for Spyro's help in stopping the invasion, and entering the Royal Castle to help her rescue their princess before it's too late. Spyro defeated the cat wizards, but he discovered that Ami was really in love with Azrael, and gave the dragon an egg (containing Amy) if he promised not to tell the other fairies that they'd eloped, nor about their romance.
Meanwhile, Sgt. Byrd's girlfriend Isabelle is an another inhabitant of Charmed Ridge, and during the invasion, they were supposed to meet up within the Fairy Temple for a date, which was ruined by the crafty Cat Witches. Fortunately, Sgt. Byrd was able to stop their meddling by defeating them, and they resumed their date, with Spyro receving another egg (containing Abby).
- Benjamin (Near the Superflame charger)
- Moe (In a small tower)
- Shelley (Given by Jack when halfway up the Beanstalk)
- Chuck (Given by Jack when reaching the top of the Beanstalk)
- Sakura (Meet up with Ami and Azrael)
- Abby (As Sgt. Byrd; defeat the Cat Witches)
- Destroy all the cat windows (Sgt. Byrd)
- Land on the impossible tower
|Charmed Ridge (Part 1) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon||Charmed Ridge (Part 2) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- The design of this realm is similar to Alpine Ridge from Spyro the Dragon. At one point, there is a cat wizard messing with a giant tower that looks like a chess piece, which he will use to squash Spyro if possible. There is also a set of stairs that has been flattened. Paying Moneybags will make them climbable. However, the Cat Wizards will alternate between climbable and flat, just like the Green Druids. The background, however is based off Town Square.
- Charmed Ridge is one of the only realms in the game where its inhabitants are harrassed by a different race of enemies (the Cat Wizards, in this case). Although the Rhynocs are the primary enemies throughout the game, their contribution to the invasion is not mentioned, but they still appear in the realm (as Spear and Crossbow Rhynocs). In whatever way they are involved with the Cat Wizards is a mystery, but it may be possible that an alliance formed between them, because the wizards are also seen aiding some of the Rhynocs via their magic increasing their size.
- It's possible to fully complete the realm without paying Moneybags by charge-jumping onto the back of a tower, then glide over to where you obtain the egg containing Moe. From there, you can just simply enter the cave nearby. Watch this video for more info.