|Species:||Rhynoc (Prior to transformation)|
|Appearances:||Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
|Attacks/Actions:|| Fire Breath |
Buzz is a Rhynoc minion of the Sorceress who was transformed into a bunny, then a giant toad-like creature with bunny ears, and finally into a giant toad-like creature without bunny ears by Bianca in order to fight Spyro.
Year of the Dragon
Buzz's past is unknown, but following his transformation, he was sent to a dungeon near the Sunrise Spring realm, and was encountered by Spyro and Sheila, who were traveling by balloon to Midday Gardens. Buzz attacked, but was easily defeated by the duo. Spyro, who knocked him into the lava by charging him, which he was forcefully head-smashed into the lava by Sheila, releasing a Dragon Egg. After you have defeated him, you move on to the next homeworld.
Toads that resemble Buzz's toad form also come out of eggs in the battle against Scorch.
- Main article: Buzz's Dungeon
Buzz has three phases. The first one is just where he jumps to an area next to him. The second is a fire ring erupting, and the third is where he spits fire out.
A simple strategy to shorten the battle is to run just ahead of Sheila around the outer ring of the arena after Buzz jumps out of the lava. He will bump into Sheila and stop spinning, allowing Spyro to turn around and knock him straight back into the lava again.
- There's an infamous moment known as "Sheila's Betrayal". Apparently, the player might accidentally charge into Sheila while trying to escape Buzz's "Buzz-saw" move and ends up getting run over... Though this is a rare occurrence.
- Buzz is one of two bosses to reappear in the game, the other one being the Sorceress.
- If the player does not move at all, Buzz will simply look left and right, and will not attack Spyro.
- However, Buzz is also one of few bosses who will eventually attack Spyro, regardless of whether he stands idle or not. (Granted that they have the Greatest Hits version).
- Also counting is that, when Buzz looks left, his eyes get big and he has a big grin, and when he looks right, he squints his eyes and smiles more subtly, he shares this animation with many other characters.
- He also appears when Spyro fights Scorch a last resort attack from Scorch