- “Rock and Roll!”
- —Bash's official catchphrase
Bash (バッシュ in Japanese) is a brown rock dragon who is one of the playable Skylanders in the Skylanders series, first appearing in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. He has a Legendary counterpart called Legendary Bash, who is exclusive to Toys R Us in a Legendary pack with Legendary Spyro and Legendary Chop Chop.
Never tell Bash he can't do something. This resourceful, stubborn Skylander will keep on rolling until he's proved you wrong. He never gives up without a fight. Despite his gruff disposition, Bash is very sensitive about his inability to fly.
Bash spent most of his early dragonhood staring into the sky, watching the flying creatures of Skylands soar amongst the clouds. Determined to join them, he learned how to curl himself into a ball and roll with incredible momentum and force in a vain attempt to take flight. Over the years, his skin hardened, forming a natural protective armor unlike any other creature. He now thunders through Skylands, leaving a wake of destruction against any who threaten it. Despite his thick skin, Bash still gets a bit touchy about his inability to fly.
From an early age there was something that set Bash apart. He was a dragon without wings! But Bash wasn't content to sit around feeling sorry for himself. He would curl up into a tight ball and make a terrific take-off. His speed as he careered across the plains was something to behold - and the more he rolled, the rougher and tougher his skin became. Then the dark day came. A huge flying machine was catching Bash's dragon friends in massive nets. Fired up with fury, he curled up and chased it to the very edge of his floating island. There, Bash launched himself like a bouncing bomb and busted through the side of the airship, creating a colossal hole for his friends to escape through. Having witnessed the entire event through his portal, Master Eon was blown away by Bash's courage and loyalty and made him a Skylander on the spot.
During his time as a Skylander, Bash still longed for the ability to fly. One night, he made a wish that he could fly, and without warning, he saw a shooting star fall from the sky and land in a nearby valley. Bash invesitgated the crashsite and saw a gem-like dragon named Flashwing emerging from a large geode that was the falling star. The earth dragon immediately became attracted to Flashwing. But when he approached her, Flashwing attacked Bash, not knowing whether he was friend or foe, sending the earth dragon flying off the cliff they were on, and ironically fulfilling Bash's wish to fly.
Bash instantly falls in love with Flashwing at first sight when she came out of a shooting star that fell from the sky. However, when he tried to communicate with her, Flashwing attacked Bash, not knowing whether he was friend or foe. After she became a Skylander, Flashwing apologized to Bash about the incident, but the rock dragon is now careful to keep his distance just in case.
Bash uses his spiky tail to slam and strike his opponents away using a 360 degree tailspin. He can also summon rocks to rise from the ground to scramble his enemies. His signature attack is Rock Roll in which he curls into a spikey ball and steamrolls into his enemies. As the saying goes... if you can't beat 'em, roll over 'em.
He is generally a close-range fighter. His tail attack does a massive amount of damage, and his Rock N Roll grants him a boost of speed to roll through or chase enemies. His Stone Projection Walls can be hit with the tail swipe to craft it into a rock that flys into an enemy, granting him a small of amount of power from a distance. He is one of the heaviest-hitting skylanders, but he's also one of the slowest-moving. Even though Rock N Roll gives him a boost, he is very slow at walking and can have a hard time dodging attacks when surrounded. He is also mostly devastating up close, because he relies mainly on his tail swipe and rolls for close range.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 310 (max. 620)
- Speed: 35 (max. 83)
- Armor: 12 (max. 82)
- Critical Hit: 20 (max. 70)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 85
- Agility: 30
- Defense: 90
- Luck: 20
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
Bash can destroy rock formations with his normal attacks.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Tail Swipe||Rock and Roll||Triceratops Honor Guard|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Tennis Tail||Iron Tail||Summoning: Stone Projection||Double Roll|
This upgrade path lets Bash further develop his Tail Swipe attacks.
|Mace of Destruction||Summoning: Stone Uppercut||Gaia Hammer|
This upgrade path lets Bash further develop his Roll attack.
|Pulver Roll||Earthen Force Roll||Continental Boulder|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Bash Smash (Primary Attack): Bash can unleash a 3-hit combo attack or roll into his enemies to damage them.
- Pitchrock (Secondary Attack): Bash launches a boulder from from the ground that will damage nearby enemies when it lands, or hit it with his tail to smash it forward.
- Mega Boulder (requires level: 5): Bash can charge up the boulder so it will deal more damage or hit it to split it into three rocks.
- Rockin' Roller (requires level: 7): The third hit of Bash's combo attack can now be turned into a more powerful roll. Sometimes when rolling, enemy damage is blocked.
- Stone Shield (requires level: 9): When damaging an enemy with a boulder, Bash can turn it into a stone shield that damages nearby enemies.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Shake enemies in range and prevent them to shoot for a while.
Launch a projectile that stops in mid-air and drops straight down with great force.
Create an earthquake and inflict damage to enemies in range.
- "Yeah, rock it to me!"
- "By a landslide!"
- "Rock and Roll!"
- "Can't stop the rock!"
- "Rounded and pounded!"
- "Next time dig deeper!"
- "I can bash with the best!"
- "Oh yeah!" - using a bounce pad
- "Get ready to rock!" - opening a gate
- "Here I come!"
- "This is my turf!" - elemental gate
- "Hm Mighty impressive!" - checking stats
- "Hey! These rock!"
- "Great!" - when given a hat
- "I can defiantly rock this!"
- "Nice name!" - when given a Nickname
- "Call me what you want, I've got a thick skin!"
- When Bash was first made, he was originally called Rock Dragon.
- Bash bears a slight resemblance to Terrador, a character from The Legend of Spyro series, almost to the point of being a wingless, brown version of the Earth Guardian.
- He also resembles a Gronckle, a dragon from the How to Train Your Dragon series.
- Bash was the first character Toys for Bob created out of modeling clay.
- The Limited Edition Blue Bash starts out at Level 5 and has 2100 coins.
- The animation after eating an Earth plant from Skylanders: Universe is very similar to the Tail Strike, a move Spyro could do in The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning and The Eternal Night.
- Even though he has an inability to talk in Spyro's Adventure, it seemed that he was trying to speak his catchphrase as one of his victory battle cries.
- His catchphrase is similar to Wrecking Ball's catchphrase: "Wreck-N-Roll"!
- As a Series 2 figure, he wears his Triceratops Honor Guard armor upgrade.
- His Upgrade Iron Tail is a name of a physical Steel type attack from Pokémon.
- In Spyro's Adventure, with his Continental boulder upgrade, Bash can sometimes cross gaps in large stone block puzzles while rolling.
- Bash's Granite Dragon pat allows him to get one of the most powerful upgrades in the game, Gaia Hammer. The move can do 240 damage alone!
- The design for him looked like a dinosaur but named as a dragon.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex